Options

Donor 12167

I recently had to have a D&C with a different CCB donor so I'm switching to a new donor with my doctor's advise. I would like to know if this donor has any recent reported pregnancies/births? I see from his long profile that he does not have children of his own which concerns me... Also I saw from another thread that he only had 7 million motile in one vial. What should the minimum be? That seems very low... Any info is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Riley -

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Donor 12167 has less than 5 reported pregnancies and no births yet -- although he has only been available since December of last year. It generally takes at least a year from forst release for birth reports.

Most of our donors are college students, so please don't be surprised or alarmed that very few of them have their own children as of yet.

7 million sounds a little low, but it is nothing to be concerned about since every specimen is tested individually. If you do have a substandard specimen (below 10 million +/-) and are not successful, you can contact us for a credit.

For the record, there has never been a published study suggesting that anything over 5 million motile sperm increase the chances of pregnancy. Of course, we still stand by our 10 million guarantee.

Best of luck mobing forward,

Scott
    CCB