Options

Anyone had a successful IUI afer a Laprascopy?

I was wondering if anyone has had this done and were they successful with an IUI afterwards. Just found out I have to do this and I worried as to what expect when it's over. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I had laprascopy last summer.I'm now 18 weeks pregnant.I think you should do if you doctor suggest it good luck
  • Options
    Thanks a lot. Your experience gives me a glimmer of hope. Congratulations on your pregnancy
  • Options
    I just had my laprascopy two days ago. The doctor said I could be inseminated this upcoming month. The procedure itself was VERY easy and painless. They put me under general anesthesia. They did a laprascopy and took tissue cultures. The incision is very small and is right at my belly button. There was no bruising. I did request a strong medicine for pain relief (as a precautionary measure)and was prescribed Percocet.

Also, I was required to start taking birth control daily leading up to the procedure. This thins out the uterine lining to make the procedure easier for the doctor. I was concerned that this would lead to a delay in pregnancy. The docs have assured me that it won't because I only had to use them for a short period of time.

The docs at my facility make everyone have a laprascopy before the initial IUI. I have heard that a laprascopy can actually increase your chances of becoming preg in the next cycle, btw. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing katherine09!! All this information makes me feel so much more confident. Yes, I also heard that having this done can increase your chances of conceiving, I wish I would have had it done before my 1st IUI, but hey better late then never right? I'm waiting for the doc to call me back to that I can schedule it. :) Thanks again. Good luck in your IUI. Baby dust to you!!!
  • Options
    I just had the surgery on 4/2/10...I am currently doing injections and will have the IUI on Tuesday. My Dr. was confident enough to have us attempt this cycle..so, I'm hoping for the best. I'll keep you informed.
  • Options
    Update: I'm currently on day ten and can't wait until Tuesday to test...the days are creeping by...
  • Options
    Yes - success after a lap! I took four preg tests and just had blood work...positive!!!!
  • Options
    TL1417_ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations TL1417!!!!!!I'm so happy for you! My surgery is on Monday and I can't wait to just get it over with so I can try another IUI. My RE told me today I can try again in June because there's no need to wait. Hearing all these success stories really makes me feel good, so thank you all for sharing. Baby dust to us all!!!!
  • Options
    Sunshyne2010/babylove02 - thanks for the congrats...I'm still a little nervous and want to make it through my first 12 weeks.

Best of luck to all of you!