Options

Excited and nervous starting IVF

Hello Everyone,

Things just got very real with the delivery of all my medications, sharps, etc. I go in next week to have a US and labs to determine if I will start with the meds--Novarel, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Minivalve, Progesterone and Estradiol--to prep for egg retrieval and IVF. Very excited.

It has been an interesting journey. I had to have uterine polyp surgery first. So, due to all the delays, it have been sort of surreal regarding actually starting IVF--my dr wants to be aggressive d/t my age (just turned 44).

Does anyone have any experiences or advice about IVF or the medications I mentioned?
Thanks and baby dust!!

Comments

• Options
    Hey Chicagoli!

I'm 43 and having my 1st FET in May. I went through 2 rounds of IVF (2013) in order to freeze all the embryos that were created, so I'm quite familiar with your medical regimen.

You must have recently transferred by now? How are you doing? Are you in the TWW?

I'm from the Chicago-area & would love to compare notes.
  • Options
    Hello TCC

My first IVF was a BFN. I had an infection from the Progesterone in Oil. I really feel that affected implantation as I had a fever and swollen butt cheeks. I'm starting my second cycle (monitor) now. Would love to compare notes. My email addy is chicagolisa27@gmail.com
  • Options
    im 38 and have my first appt with an RE tomorrow. i finally made the decision to be a single mother! lehcar3578@gmail.com
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your news chicagoli. Good luck in the next cycle. I hope it was successful by now?

I'm starting the IVF next month, hopefully!
  • Options
    Hey chicagoli!

How is your journey going? My May FET was shockingly successful so I'm now 20 weeks pregnant. I'd really love to hear updates from you ladies!
  • Options
    Hey ladies in Chicago! I know this is the singles board but my wife and I live in Chicago and are just starting our ivf cycle. We have been with the fertility centers of Illinois for the past year doing Iuis. So ready to do something with some more success. So happy your fet worked! We are in the birth control weeks. Baseline on the 28th. Meds ordered. Weirdly we aren't doing progesterone shots afterwards. We are doing a different type of progesterone. Love to get connected.