Options

1st IUI...what is normal?

I had my first IUI last Thursday the 13th. My doctor said everything looked great, all the signs were there, and he thought our timing was right on. So after I left I felt a bit of discomfort when moving around and just rested the rest of the evening. I went to work the next day and some more discomfort (cramping/aching) but better than the day before. Then starting Saturday morning my back was killing me. IT has continued to hurt (sometimes more than others) and I have had cramping or a dull ache a lot. Especially on the left side, in the same spot. I have also had some twinges of stronger pain. I have slept a lot and have been having vivid dreams. I am afraid to read much into anything but I don't usually feel like this before my periods so I don't think it is that. I don't know if the IUI would cause this for this long...I doubt it as it was pretty much painless. I have felt dizzy some but I have had that problem before. My BBs are sore at times on the sides but not really on top. So I figure I am only 5-6 dpo. Has anyone had these experiences and it just been irritation from the IUI? I really don't want to get my hopes up. Any words of wisdom?

Comments

• Options
    I had my first IUI on Thursday the 13th also. Had another on Friday the 14th and by Saturday, I experienced all the sames symptoms you mentioned back pain, weird dreams, cramps and had a major migraine as well. I'm hoping they are all positive signs :) Good Luck to you.
  • Options
    Hello Ladies. I had similar symtpoms during my first IUI. Mild cramping the first day, I rested some, but later I went and got a pedicure and my eyebrows arched- just didn't want to sit around.

The days after the symptoms were like being on my period; sore boobs, mild cramping, tired, nausea. There is a website called tww.com or twoweekwait.com (can never remember which)if you want to check out your symptoms if you think you may be pregnant.

It's hard not to get your hopes up! When I told my sister I thought I was pregnant 10 days dpo she thought I was nuts! But I am now 20 weeks pregnant. Baby blessings to you both!
  • Options
    Well girls...I have to agree with samsmom...I had all of the same symptoms on my first IUI and I got a BFP on CD11. I don't want to get your hopes up because everyone's body is different, but it all sounds promising to me!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I think I very well may be losing my mind. First, I went to an appointment yesterday and was asked if I was pregnant. I said I could be....LOL. This morning I went in the bathroom to get ready for work and i noticed blue veins running across my upper chest and some very noticeable veins in my BBs...especially the right one. I even noticed blue veins up in my shoulder...you could see it through my tan. I was like "Hmmmm...." Well on the way to work my BBs started aching on top...like from my upper chest down midway into my BB but not the nips. Still have the achy/crampy feeling on my left side mostly and also the backhache...which seems worse at night. I keep telling myself I am not seeing these things or that I am not feeling this and then it is right there to remind me that I am. When I breathe in I feel the crampy feeling in my BBs...again, stronger in the right side. I am 6 dpiui...tomorrow will be a week. Is this the kind of hurt or soreness you all have experienced? I don't get sore BBs before my period. I don't want to test until after I have missed AF...I just don't want to see a negative and then try to convince myself I could still be prego...now a stronger twinge on my left side....see how this is playing tricks on me? ;-) LOL I have been to twoweekwait.com but honestly some people seem to border on ridiculous obsession over there so I have not posted a lot.

Oh a few more things...sorry this is so long...yesterday I could have swore I smelled dog poo in my office at work...no one else seemed to be smelling anything at all. Also, earlier in the week I had some diarrhea, but now i haven't gone since I had that. I had that a couple days in a row. At first I thought it might be what I ate, but I ate the same thing yesterday and did not have it. Now I seem to be heading the opposite way...towards constipation. What the heck?

Has anyone else had this weirdness going on?
  • Options
    Natalie, You have more restraint than I did! I did a pregnancy test on day 7! It was negative, but it didn't stop me from testing the next day.
  • Options
    I broke down today and did a pregnancy test even though it was only day 7 post IUI. It said "pregnant"! It's one of the clear blue digital. Could it really be??? Has anyone else got a positive so soon after IUI? I'm so excited but I don't want to get my hopes up if it turns out to be false. I'm scheduled for a blood test next week.
  • Options
    I just found this on the clear blue website... i should have waited to test. I just had a shot of ovidrel 2 days ago... dam i was so excited!

"Will other fertility drugs interfere with my result?
    Only fertility drugs that contain the pregnancy hormone hCG affect the test result. These drugs are usually given by injection, and testing too soon after the injection may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result. We recommend testing no sooner than 14 days from the last injection, unless your doctor or hospital has advised you otherwise."
  • Options
    Fertility drugs will interfere with a true positive, so I would suggest waiting it out, BUT...I have to say that I had the same symptoms...sore boobs and all of the funky veins! It all sounds promising!