Options

Lesbians who already have babies????

How did you go about when the baby was born and signing the birth certificates for both Mom's?

Comments

• Options
    It depends on what state you live in. There are only a select few that allow both moms on the birth certificate. California allows it if you are domestic partners. Texas does not. Maryland does. Indiana does not. You have to look up the laws for whatever state you live in.
  • Options
    THANKS WE'RE IN CALI AND WILL BE DOMESTIC PARTNERS SOON:)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if two women can sign the birth certificate in the state of Hawaii?
  • Options
    Can both moms sign the birth certificate in the state of Florida?
  • Options
    I live in FL. I spoke with an attorney before we started ttc. I was told that while you cannot put both moms names on the birth certificate at birth the non carrying mom can do a second parent adoption once the baby is born. It takes some time and $$$ but in the end both names will be on the birth certificate. I unfortunately have not yet gotten the chance to go through it myself but hopefully my time is near :) I was also told that you can choose the name on the birth certificate at birth no matter what. Although I am going to be the oven for our lil one I will be giving him/her my partners last name at birth :) Best of luck to you all!