Options

Vials per try

Hey everyone,
Just discovered this message board and super excited. My wife and I will have our first try in a few weeks. When we went for our consultation our doctor recommended 2 vials per insemination. I was wondering how many vials other people are using.

Comments

• Options
    If you are doing back to back IUI's then yes 2 vials is good. I did back to back and my doc said 2 vials. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks so much- my understanding from the doctor is that he is recommending 2 vials for one IUI- the research I did doesn't have me convinced that it would increase our chances that much-
  • Options
    Our doctor didn't recommend the back to back IUI's but still recommended we get 2 vials just incase one vial's #'s weren't where they needed to be we'd have another to use verses missing out on that cycle.
  • Options
    Our doctor suggested getting 2 vials even though we are not doing back to back - in case of low motility or some issue with the sperm.
  • Options
    My RE only recommends using one vial.
  • Options
    My cousin, my friend, and me all had IUIs in the same area all different practices, all 2 vials back to back. We all got pregnant.
  • Options
    MY RE recommended 2 vials each IUI cycle in case when they thawed one vial, if the count was to low after thawing, we had a backup vial to combine and would have enough sperm to inject but my wife and I ended up just doing 1 vial each IUI cycle and we got pregnant with each cycle. I miscarried the first at 13 weeks and currently pregnant from our second cycle with a beautiful heartbeat! I understood what my RE was saying but in my opinion, it's not about the quantity of sperm as you only need 1 little lucky guy to make its way, its all about the timing of your surge and ovulation.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input- this process is consuming me! I read about it all the time. My wife and I go for an appt the end of next week- I don't know how I will survive the 2WW :/