Options

did I miss it?

I'm CD16...and still no smiley face on the OPK!...did I miss it??

I am doing the digital one in the morning and then the regular "line" one in the afternoon and evening. I noticed mucus this afternoon so I'm hoping that I haven't missed it...

*sigh* - this waiting part is for the BIRDS! (but hopefully the birds are the kind that hang around for the bees!)

sprinkling baby dust to all you...
-Laura

Comments

• Options
    Laura,

Do you know what day you usually ovulate or is this your 1st month to track your OPKs?

My last cycle was non-medicated and I was tracking OPKs. I knew that I usually ovulated on cd16-17. I was checking 4 times a day and on cd 21, I still hadn't gotten a positive. I called my REs office and they had me come in for a sono and sure enough there were 2 follicles still growing in there. They ended up following them with a 2nd sono & then we did a trigger shot.

They can also do blood work to see if you ovulated.

For now, I'd just keep checking, but if you don't get a positive in the next few days it would definitely be worth calling your doctor's office to run some tests.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    1st month tracking the actual ovulation with OPKs - thanks for the info - puts me a little bit more at ease...

Besides - it gives the doctor a chance to get all his ducks in a row too! Quack quack -
  • Options
    If this is your first month, you may just be a late ovulater. I would continue to test with the digital ones and also ask your doctor for an U/S or blood work.

Good luck!
  • Options
    When we did our 2nd IUI, I didn't ever get a positive on the OPK. Teh doctor had me come in to do blood work and it showed I was indeed surging...so if you're worried, I'd give your doc/RE a call, just to ease your mind.