Options

New to this.. Any help?!

My partner and I have had baby fever for far too long now! Were ready to start this process, and have been looking at donors. What exactly are the steps after finding one as far as a doctor goes.. Does your OBGYN do the insemination etc? Probably a silly question but I've tried to research it and so far haven't been able to really find out what the next steps are.. Any help or advise would be so greatly appreciated! =]

Comments

• Options
    It depended on their practice. So next step would be to inquire with them. What type of insemination they would do if any because then you know what type of sample to purchase
  • Options
    Thank you so much KBT! This helped a lot!
  • Options
    Many people go to fertility clinics and/or see Reproductive Endocrinologists (REs). They will be the best at doing inseminations and will also test your hormones and check your reproductive organs to make sure you don't have any issues before making a plan for you. That would be my recommendation unless you OBGYN is very experienced in inseminations. Most are not. They might be able to refer you to a clinic though.