Options

Age Limit?

Does anyone think there should be an age limit on making the decision to become a single mom? Is there such thing as "too young"?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there is such a thing as too young, but there is such a thing as too unprepared. I think in making the decision to be a Single Mother by Choice, one would have to be financially, emotionally and mentally prepared to provide for all the needs of a child. In my opinion, if someone makes the decision to be a single parent with the idea that they can receive federal benefits, I don't think they are ready. Or if someone is in debt and on the cusp of losing their home, I don' think they are ready.

This of course is ONLY my opinion.
  • Options
    I agree with brandynicole but not only for single mothers for anyone who is planning on being a parent with or without a partner should be financially, emotionally and metally prepared.
  • Options
    I have to agree, I don't think there should be a age limit. I wouldn't recommend it though if they are not financially ready. My advice for anyone who wants to go through this. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH.. Don't Make this decision over night create a 6-12 month Plan, See what your insurance covers don't just assume, Look into secondary insurances if you need too. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Also be sure you have a great support system.
  • Options
    I'd consider things way beyond insurance. Financial stability and a support system are key. Do you know what nanny's or day care costs? or college tuition these days? (You want your kid to go to college I assume.) Personally I think that under 30 is too young to be a single mom by choice. If you're young, why not try for the whole shabang? a great husband and family. Life is long, don't rush it!