Options

Twins and terrified

I had my 7 wk US today and there are twins in there!! I am so overwhelmed right now and scared. I have been balling all morning.

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wow! Twice the love :) I can only imagine how scary and exciting that news must have been!

If it helps any, a friend of mine, who had been ttc for about 5 years, just had her twins in January and although very very tired she is just over the moon that she has them both.
  • Options
    At this point in my journey, I pray for twins!!! Congrats!!! You can send one to me :)
  • Options
    Wow, congrats! First PG? You can do this! :)
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! Some days I freak out thinking WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH 2 NEWBORNS BY MYSELF???? Then I pray they are healthy and think how great it is going to be to our instant family all at once.
    I've been told it is very natural to be scared...even with one women get scared and freak out.
  • Options
    Try to just take some deep breaths and think through this. I think twins would be a blessing, a scary one, but a blessing. You can do this!
  • Options
    what dose of clomid did you use Tomigrl5?..congrats again !!
  • Options
    I would be afraid too....hang in there and listen to those on here that have twins are handling it great!!
    Or you can just give me one! just kidding, lol
  • Options
    First of all, congrats on your pregnancy! I did Clomid too, so I had to steel myself for the possibility of two in there. I ended up with a singleton, but I remember both thinking I wouldn't know what to do with two, and how neat it would be for Sadie to have a built in friend for life!
    I know single women with twins, triplets, and now one that is working her way through a quad pregnancy! You can do this! <3
    Do you have a support system? If you do, lean on them. If you don't, look for a SMC group or a twins group near you- they will know what you are going through and help you out. Good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats to you tomi. It is scary but remember you are a SINGLE mom by choice and you will be able to do this. join a Mom's of multiple group soon, maybe they can help and give you support. Lean on family if you are not close by think of moving back. But remember twice the love. I always think of giving Hunter a sibling and then I think I wish there was twins. You can do it. You will do it. I have a friend doing it and she also has a 2 1/2 year old.
  • Options
    thanks everyone. It gets a little better each day. I obviously knew there was a chance, I took clomid and when we inseminated, there were 2 follicles. I said before that if God wanted me to have twins he would give them to me. And I would deal. Someone actually asked me before hand if I would abort if I got multiples, and I was aghast!!! Absolutely not! So here I am, pregnant with twins. The simple logistics frighten me, how do you carry 2 car seats, how do you grocery shop with 2 car seats?? And daycare for 2 INFANTS!!! its crazy expensive!! LOL, oh the things that go through my mind! Hehe.....anyway.....

My sister lives just a few houses down and I have an amazing support system of friends. My parents live far away, but hopefully will move near us in the next couple of years...

Anyways, thanks for the ear and listening to me nearly melt down ladies, I appreciate it so much....

Melissa-LOL remember when you first posted and I was like Omgoodness, TWINS?! its been on my mind through this whole process! My dad is cute, he said yesterday, "my goodness, twins?? they will be the first in the family!!" With a big smile! If you have any thoughts are tips, I am excited to hear them!! Thank you!! Hope your boys are doing well!!
  • Options
    oh, and btw, I was on the standard dose of clomid, i think it was 5 days. 50 mg. crazy I cant exactly remember. LOL pregnancy brain already! i was not overly responsive the 1st cycle. but the second cycle I was much more responsive, not in size, but quantity. also I ovulated earlier, day 12.
  • Options
    Thank Tomigrl, they are doing good. Dr says to expect them between 35 and 38 weeks. She isn't going to let me go past 38 weeks. So that is as early as 12 weeks from now!!! OMG!!

Been getting their nursery ready and scrubbing the house top to bottom. Not really much left for me to do until baby showers are done. After those I'll see what I need and go on another shopping spree.

What's cool is that you know they are fraternal, so you could have one of each. And they will definitely have their own personalities...it is like having 2 separate pregnancies. I'm 23 weeks Thursday, and I have a beach ball belly. I feel them kicking everyday and I love it.
  • Options
    I work with a doctor that is 23 weeks and I saw her this weekend. And I was just looking at her in awe! LOL....

does your doctor plan to induce??

do you have family near? a good support system??
  • Options
    23 weeks with twins that is...
  • Options
    Melissa if they think you are going to go between 35 and 38 weeks, ask them about Betamethazole. It helps with Lung development. I had my LO at 32 weeks 5 days and they were glad I got hurt because they got me to Beta Complete. Hunter seems to be fine and has no breathing issues as of yet. Well shall see but then again he is only 6 months. Keep your chin up it is scary but having a good support system is lal that it takes. Good luck.
  • Options
    I have family and friends close by, I have a big support system.

She doesn't plan on inducing unless I get to 38 weeks, she isn't going to let me go further than that.

Thanks Anissa, I'll ask her.

I have an appointment Friday with the fetal cardiologist to check out their hearts, just a precaution since one of them has single umbilical artery.

She doesn't expect me to have any problems with delivering too early or having to go on bedrest. But things happen at a drop of a hat. So prayers that they hold on as long as possible.
  • Options
    Melissa I understand that one about delivering to early. I thought I was fine, the only issue I had was swelling but they kept telling me it was normal. I know they will monitor you closely. Good luck. Keep us up to date.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I am now visiting the dr every 3 weeks.

I'll def let yall know.
  • Options
    thanks for the info! :)
  • Options
    We (I'm an ob doctor) don't usually give betamethasone past 34 weeks. If you go into labor or have any signs or suggestions of preterm labor or preeclampsia or anything that would suggest that you might deliver prior to 34 weeks, then you should definitely get 2 doses (24 hours apart) of betamethasone. We generally give it between 24 and 34 weeks, or at the first signs of PTL.

For awhile, we had a study running in our hospital regarding betamethasone after 34 weeks, but as of this point in time, there is no proven benefit after 34 weeks.

Prior to 34 weeks, however, there is a huge benefit. It's actually one of the most important things we do for preterm babies and decreases the risk of RDS (respiratory distress syndrome) as well as many other complications of prematurity.

Don't know if that helps!! Wishing you to get to 38 weeks ... that would be awesome!

Karin
  • Options
    thanks for posting Karin!
  • Options
    Lots of luck Tomigrl! You're going to be a great Mom!!
  • Options
    Another US today, 9 weeks and baby B has no detectable heartbeat. Baby A is doing well though. :'-(
  • Options
    I'm sorry! Is there any chance for baby B? (call me the eternal optimist with rose-colored glasses)
  • Options
    Sorry Tomigrl, that's a real bummer. I'll pray for you and Baby A for health. When is you next Dr apt?
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Tomigrl. For as frightened and nervous you were about having twins I'm sure it is heartbreaking to lose one. I will keep you and the babies in my prayers.
  • Options
    thinking there is no chance, no heartbeat and measuring 2 wks less. but I have another US in 10 days. I just have to trust God at this point. And a small thought that makes me feel better is the idea my baby from my first miscarriage now has a sibling in heaven. thanks for your thoughts and prayers
  • Options
    Tomigirl...

So sorry about Twin B. That is horrible, but glad Baby A is doing well. Good thoughts. Keep us up to date on how baby A.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Tomigrl. Prayers going your way. Keep praying for baby A to be healthy and strong.