Options

Anyone in Texas

Just wondering if anyone is currently in Texas and has gone through a second parent adoption...We are preg and starting to look at what legal options are available. Any help would be amazing!

summer

Comments

• Options
    Hi...I am in California and will hopefully be looking into second parent adoption soon, as we are doing our 1st IUI today. I read that you got pg the first try. Congrads! I surged yesterday afternoon and will be going in about 30 hours after.....I am curious what your timing was? I have no know fertility issues and (like everyone else) am hoping for quick success.
  • Options
    Hi, I am unsure of all the correct terms, but I will tell you what my Dr did. I started Clomid my 5th day after my cycle started and took it for 5 days. I had an HSG on day 10 to ensure there was not a blockage in my tubes. It came back great, so I went in for an ultrasound on day 13 and saw the clomid did great, almost too good. I had the trigger shot that day, then the IUI the next. I had BFN tests on day 10 post iui, but on 11, I got a faint positive. Very shocked! I tested the next few days then went into the Dr to get a blood test. I have an ultrasound next wed (7 weeks) to check to ensure everything is ok and to see if there might be twins.
    I was surprised how everything was timed out so precise. The dr wanted the iui between 24- 36 hours after the trigger shot.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    summerns..if you want to join our ccb friends page on facebook there are several women who live in texas and are doing second parent adoption. one of whom just had their home study a few weeks back so i am sure she can be a great resource for you.

c&dm...here in california if you are registered domestic partners you can both be on the birth certificate. we have all the paperwork for our second parent adoption filled out but haven't turned it in yet but it is a pretty easy process. just fill it out turn it in and wait for your court date. as far as i am told we don't have to go through the home studies or dealing with a social worker or any of that.
  • Options
    Summerns - I am also in Texas and would love to connect more as you go through your process and with the 2nd parent adoption. My partner and I are selecting our donor and planning for our first IUI at the end of July (expected ovulation around the 23/24). I just moved back to Texas from the NE and had basically expected that 2nd parent adoption would not be possible in TX - but this is where my family is.

Have you had any luck with your research so far?

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Melisa
  • Options
    jala - What is the name of the FB group. I am having trouble finding it.

Melisa - I havent started much but found this site for a lawyer in Austin who specializes in 2nd parent adoption.
    http://suzannebryantlaw.com/
  • Options
    It is called CCB Friends but it is a private group so perhaps you can't search for it? If you tell me what your name is on facebook I can add you to the group.
  • Options
    I have to add you as a friend to add you to the group
  • Options
    Thanks, my name is Summer Smith from Austin.
  • Options
    Would one of you mind adding me too? My name is Melisa Finfer from Dallas.

Thanks.
  • Options
    We did our second parent adoption with Susanne Bryant. We're in Austin. She is very knowledgeable but a little disorganized. Good luck!