Options

advice health insurance

I can really use some advice on which health insurance to buy that has good pregnancy care especially allowing the usage of birthing centers. I'm not pregnant yet but wanted to buy the health insurance prior.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure on what heath insurance but I know that, generally, it's ten to twelve months before insurances will cover pregnancy after you get the coverage, so good on you for planning ahead! LOL

Luckily, I have always gone to an Indian medical clinic, being part Indian (not that I even remotely look it - I glow in the dark, I'm so fair skinned), and a part of that is the fact that you don't have to pay for anything done - no testing, surgeries, blah, blah, blah... And I'm not just talking babies, we've gone there for sore throats, type 1 diabetes care, etc. All that to say, "sorry, I don't know much about health insurances!" LOL
  • Options
    You're lucky you can do the Indian route. That's cool.
  • Options
    You really need to look at the companies for your state. You then want to check if there are variances for regions in your state. Then narrow it to who covers fertility care and how much.

I am in Cali and I have Kaiser Permanente. They have the best coverage that my employer (federal govt) had as options. I also found out that the coverage for fertilty services is better in Northern Cali, then in Southern Cali.