Options

TWW?

Hi, everyone.

I'm 5dpiui and hoping to help the TWW pass by connecting with others who are in a similar situation. Who else is in TWW?

This was our third iui; we used femara + ovidrel, which I seem to respond well to. I had one clearly mature follicle and a few smaller ones, and the timing of the iui seemed perfect: I felt myself ovulating as I left my RE's office. It's too early for natural hcg to be on the scene, of course, but I have had some motion-sickness-like nausea this time... Trying to stay grounded but optimistic--hopeful but not obsessed. It's hard.

Would love to hear about others' journeys/processes.

Comments

• Options
    HI PoermMaker, I'm in the TWW with you but only on day 3. We have been trying for a year now and have skipped a few months along the way due to finances. I wish I could say the TWW gets easier the more your through it but that's certainly not the case for me. I'm so incredible hopeful yet doubtful. I overthink every sensation and potential symptom. This process, particularly the length of time we have invested, has been emotionally grueling. I'm wishing you the very best during your TWW! It's great that you feel so good about the timing. Sending baby dust your way :)
  • Options
    Thanks, 2mamas2b! It really is grueling. This is only our third IUI this time around, but we actually tried for a full year 6 years ago... and it took us 6 years to feel emotionally and financially ready to return to the process. Each cycle that doesn't take is heartbreaking, and over time it becomes almost too heavy to carry. This time around I'm trying to trick myself into thinking it isn't such a big deal one way or the other, but it's not really working. Every day I'm reading discussion boards, articles, charts... just trying to get one more insight that might help me guess whether it's worked this time. The one thing I'm doing differently this time is telling very few people about our efforts. The fewer people asking, "So, did it work?" the better.

Sending baby dust back. I hope this one's the one for us both!
  • Options
    Everything you said is the case for me as well. Often times the heartache is too much to carry and I've also tried telling myself that it's ok either way. Yet I spend the majority of every day wondering if I'm pregnant and dreaming of what that will be like. We also stopped telling as many people about our inseminations. I couldn't take the questioning and having to repeatedly say we were unsuccessful. I've also told many people that no news is bad news in hopes they won't ask as frequently.
  • Options
    Yes, me too. I find myself more and more saying even to close friends, "I promise to let you know when I have good news" in the hopes that they will take the hint. For the most part, our close friends and family are being careful to follow our lead on whether or how much to discuss our process, which I really appreciate!
  • Options
    Wishing you good luck, 2mamas2b. Unfortunately our TWW ended in a negative beta test, so we're gearing up for our 4th iui. I've been sad about the loss and am hoping I can get less wound up by the whole thing with my 4th attempt. Maybe if I can forget to be anxious, I won't be. Ha.

How did it go for you?