Options

Scary birth stories

Hi everyone
Is anyone going through this I have a best friend that just had a baby girl 5 months ago. Don’t get me wrong am very happy for her but when I told her about my plans to become a single mother by choice. Every time when am on the phone with her she always has to bring up her horrifying story how daughter was born with graphic details, and saying that you don’t want kids their expensive ,and you never live your life again etc. I feel that I should live my life because I have let others shape the way I do things and am the one unhappy. Also I feel that I was her choice to have sex without a condom or b/c and got pregnant she choose to rise her child alone. Therefore, what’s so wrong with me choosing to do the same if makes me happy? Pleases help from those that’s been here before.

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm not a single mother, but I am a young mother. I was 22 when I got pregnant (by choice) with my first and 23 when I gave birth and trust me I heard it from everyone including my primary physician. How expensive they are and how tough they are and how yeah they're cute, but parenthood isn't all it's cracked up to be.... My oldest is 3 now and my youngest is 4 months and please don't get me wrong they are tough and they are expensive, but they really ARE all they're cracked up to be. I LOVE being a mother. I love my boys so very much and I am enjoying every moment of motherhood. Child birth... yeah my stories are pretty scary (I think anyway) but hey it's a story to tell. It really is true that the pain and trauma are forgotten. Maybe not right when you look into the baby's eyes :) but not long after. I say, if you are ready, then do what you need to do to make yourself happy. I am so glad that I didn't listen to everyone's negativity. No choice is right for everyone. What works for your friend may not work for you and vice versa. Live for you. Everything happens for a reason. What if you listened to your friend and waited for Mr. Right and got uterine cancer before you ever get the chance to bare children of your own? You're the one that has to live with your own decisions, so again do what you need to do to make YOU happy! You will love motherhood. I'm sure of it. And trust me.... this will not be the last unwanted parenting advice you'll hear if you decide to move forward, so you'd better get used to smiling and nodding when people preach and nag and advise you to do what they think you should do. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you!
  • Options
    thanks so much your so right. am going to do me.
  • Options
    I have a coworker who is always telling me how hard it is especially as an older mom (she's my age and her youngest is 1 1/2) and she always says "I wouldn't consider it if I were you. We're really too old". These are called "haters". Do what you gotta do. The truth of the matter is you know it's going to be an awesome experience and you'll kick yourself if you don't. I'm also trying to be a single mother by choice. I say frick it to anyone who thinks it's a bad idea...what the heck do they know. Go for it!!!