Options

Help with IUI timing

Hi ladies,

I could use any advice I can get on timing my next IUI perfectly. The sperm can only live for 12 hours so I need to time it right. I am not using any medication and this month did the IUI about 30 hours after my positive ovulation test. But my basal body temp didn't go up for another day so I think I missed my window. I know I ovulated but am not sure the sperm were still alive during the window of opportunity. Anyone out there that found success with an un-medicated IUI and relied on ovulation kits and possibly BBT charting please share your stories with me! I sooo appreciate it.

Blessings!

Comments

• Options
    I don't have a story for you, but I wish you well. I used medication and monitoring by my RE for all of my IUIs.
  • Options
    I did have monitoring with my RE but also used an OPK on my own. I had no medication and got pregnant on my first IUI in Nov. I went in for an ultrasound on a Friday and I was testing my ovulation on my own too. My RE had thought I would ovulate Sunday. I tested Sunday morning early and did not see the hppy face surge. I then tested again about 4 hours later and got the smiley face (that was about noon on Sunday). I went in for my IUI the following morning and the sperm was injected at 9:30. I am now 20 weeks pregnant. I hope that helps! I wish you lots of luck :) and tons of baby dust!
  • Options
    As crazy as it is, Jana and I had the same exact timing and success! Neg. opk Friday morning at 5am and 9am...positve opk at noon...IUI Saturday at 9am.

My advise to Jana was the same thing that I try to stress to everyone...test your opk SEVERAL times a day!!!!! If you're only testing once or twice a day, you're more likely to miss your window of opportunity. We were around 21 hours post positive opk.

Our little girl is 6 months old now.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Misty, you are the reason I double tested that day!! xo
  • Options
    Jana...I'm telling you...it's the best advice I can give! :)

Oh, and BTW...you look so cute pregnant! I love seeing your progression! Hope all is well!