Options

Anyone here have Fibroids

I am very new here and I have several fibroids. I had some removed 5 years ago and of course they are back. I am single but want a child but I don't want to wait too late. I just wondered if anyone here has had problems becoming pregnant and if there is anything that can help. There are a lot of drugs that I cannot take because I had a blood clot in my lung so I have to be extra careful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jjai. I actually had to have a myomectomy to remove 27 fibroids (still have four very tiny ones that couldn't be seen during surgery but shouldn't cause an issue). Before surgery, my tubes were completely blocked. Now, they are "wide open" as the doctor says. I had to have a 3 month recovery and now I'm starting with my first try to get pregnant/IUI. Because of the size and number of fibroids I had, medication would not have worked for me. Sometimes doctors prescribe BC pills, or other types of hormones to help shrink the fibroids. Those were not an option for me. Also, you should know that there are some women who can get pregnant with fibroids. There are tests that can be performed to help determine how much of a problem the fibroids are. I would say not to wait too long! I had the same surgery 8 years ago. they removed 13 fibroids. The doctor told me they would grow back and they did with a vengeance!!! So, I suggest you talk to your doctor, see what tests are necessary, get them done and go from there.
  • Options
    Thank you jaydonsmom for your reply. I had 14 removed 5 years ago although on the ultrasound only 6 or 8 showed up. Last check there were 4 small ones but I know that they do tend to grow pretty quickly. I am so nervous about trying to get pregnant because it would be high risk but I want a child so bad. I will most definitely check with my doctor.
  • Options
    Hi Jjai. You're welcome. I pray that everything goes well for you. And just so you know, my ob/gyn sent me to an RE for the testing because of my age and he suspected I might have fertility issues because of the fibroids. I waited too long and had to have another surgery before I could try. I'm 40 now. And I really regret waiting!!! Don't do what I did. God Bless!!!!!
  • Options
    I am going to be 35 in July. I shouldn't have waited this long. I guess I let time pass me by, waiting for the right time, right guy and all that. It just hasn't happened. I thought about doing things naturally but I am not the type of person to just...well I just can't so here I am trying to do things this way. Scared and frustrated are becoming my way of life but I will try to hurry things along. I am sending baby dust your way :) since that seems to be the thing. Have a good day. Jaydonsmom
  • Options
    Thanks Jjai. You're 35 and that's still really good. Forty is a little harder. I understand about waiting for the right guy and him not coming along. And I understand about not wanting to do it naturally. I had the same issue, although I don't if our reasons are the same. Thanks for the baby dust. I'm praying for you too! God Bless! Happy New Year!
  • Options
    I hope all goes well with you. I am going to be making a lot of calls and trying to figure this out. I haven't spoken with my family yet so that should be interesting. yeah I was engaged once and because we were unsure of how the fibroids would effect my ability to conceive it ended. He said that he definitely wanted children and that broke my heart. I understand but it still hurt so here I am. I just hope that this goes well and happens quickly. I don't have problems ovulating but I am not sure if the fibroids are in the way. I know that they can be but maybe I won't find it hard to conceive. keep me posted and thank you for talking with me and encouraging me. Take good care and have a happy and safe New Year.
  • Options
    Hi Jjai,

Just wondered if you've made any progress in seeing a doctor about your fibroids. I just wanted to know how you're doing.

My first IUI was unsuccessful, which is ok. I'll just try again. :-) But, the doctor's office assured me that my uterus looked healthy, no scarring and that a baby could indeed implant. Now, it's just up to God and that one special sperm meeting that one special egg. LOL!!! So, I'm hanging in there.