Options

I had my first IUI with 13944 and it was not a success. Although I am very fertile, the donor's motility was 35%, which is lower than my doctor would like to see. She suggested I select a new donor.

A little heartbroken, not because of the negative results as I am aware of the statistics but because we had grown rather attached to the donor thinking he was "the one", I wanted to let others know of his motility as we look for another donor. I noticed none of the other threads on donor 13944 mention his motility, so I figured others may wish to be aware (I know when I am searching for a donor I avidly check threads so there are probably others out there who do the same).

This, of course, does not mean conception with this donor is improbable, as he has reported pregnancies, but his motility does make the odds a bit lower.

Comments

• Options
    Motility varies depending on how long it's been since the sperm thawed. And sperm "wakes up", as in becomes more motile, once it enters your body and is at the correct temperature. What was the total motile sperm? That's the most important. If it was under 10 million at thaw for an iui vial or under 15 million at thaw for an ici vial, you can get a refund. If you used an iui vial, do you know if your doctor rewashed it? That can also cut down on your total motile sperm since it's not meant to be washed a second time.

I said all that to say that if you love your donor, don't give up after one vial. Vial amounts vary by a lot. You might've just gotten a bad one. I stuck with my donor and got pregnant on a bad vial that only had 5 million motile. The previous vial from him had 40 million, so you just never know.
  • Options
    Thank you for your response; it is encouraging. :}

It was actually 3.4 million, so it was quite low. I submitted a request for a refund. I have one more vial that I am trying with this donor because we really liked him, but if it is not successful we will have to move on.
  • Options
    I pray that you get the results you want. We picked this donor and got pregnant the first shot. We liked him a lot too. Don't lose hope xo
  • Options
    Wow, congratulations!

If you do not mind me asking, do you know what the motility and sperm count was when you had it done? Also, was it an IUI or IVF? Natural or medicated? How far along are you?

Thank you very much for the hope. Hopefully, round two will be better!
  • Options
    Hey, I've been using this donor via IUI, and I am currently on my 4th attempt. I've had motility ranging from 40-65% and usually over 40 million, the last 2 attempts were over 60 million. I wouldn't get frustrated it just takes time. My doctor seems to think it's timing, not the actual donor sperm. Goodluck!!
  • Options
    Three attempts with this donor, one of them medicated with clomid. All BFN. So disappointed. He was usually 11.5-11.8 million count with 33-45% motility but lesser forward moving motility. Could this be the reason they were unsuccessful?
  • Options
    Hi, just wanted to answer your question. I don't recall the sperm count but when our Doctor read his paper work he said we picked an excellent donor with great speed and count. We did IUI. My wife had to take progesterone and a round of some other meds to help her ovulate but other than that it all went well. We did the insimination once and with the grace of God has our little boy this month. I pray round two is a success! ??
  • Options
    I had two IUIs with 13944. The first sadly ended in a miscarriage. The second was a success and my son was born in July. The count was low both times at 11-12 million total for two vials each insemination. Babymommas2016, please respond and perhaps we can get in touch with each other since our children are siblings. :)
  • Options
    We are pregnant w/ donor 13944 and each time he had more than 60% mobility rate & always 60 million+. Doctor said it was great. It did take us 7 months but we were trying without meds at first.
  • Options
    Rainbowraven I emailed u :). Gaba1116 we wish you nothing. Ur luck ??
  • Options
    But luck *
  • Options
    rainbow raven and babymommas.. not sure how to email but we'd love to connect. Yesterday was our due date so our little one should be here any time!