Options

Abdominal pain after IUI

Has anyone experienced abdominal pain after IUI and what was the outcome. I was inseminated 2 days ago and I have been experiencing somewhat severe abdominal pain today until I took some Tylenol suggested by Dr's office. Now the pain is almost gone but I can still feel mild tenderness when I press on my lower abdomen.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry I didn't realize I posted the same thing 3 times; I had an error message after the first try.
  • Options
    Simple,
    I have not had severe abdominal pain. I have only had mild pains or tenderness if you would. I wonder what that is about?
  • Options
    Scheduled for my very first IUI tomorrow morning... I'll let you know what happens with me...Did the pains go away? So nervous I want to throw up :-)
  • Options
    Etiffault, good luck to you tommorow. On the day of the IUI itself, I felt funny but not cramping as bad as I did 2 days later. That severe pain (cramps) lasted for only 1 day and I am almost completely pain free 5 days after IUI. I sometimes have period pains but they are very mild. So I think you should be fine tomorrow...most people feel nothing at all. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Well, it's been two days since my first IUI... still feel prety crampy, better than yesterday though, so I guess that's a good thing. I am pretty naceous... has anyone experienced that? I go back on the 29th for a blood test...what is the soonest I can take a home preg. test? This whole thing is pretty new to me. Simplesteps... when do you think you'll give in and test :-)
  • Options
    Effault, I am glad your IUI was uneventful. You should feel better each day past IUI, I do. I am very nervous about testing, right now the barometer I am using is my period which is due any day and I can actually feel it. I hope I can make it to the 14th day when I will definitely test. I have very little nausea but I have read on this board about many people who do.
  • Options
    Etiffault,

I always started testing at day 10. I got my BFP at day 12 with First response. Hoever, I would not take any negative test before day 14 very seriously. A positive is a positive whenwever you get it unless you sre usinf trigger shots, in which case you can get a false positive until the shot clears your system.