Options

amnio advice

Hi - I am 16 weeks preg., 38 yrs old and single. I'd like to know what your thoughts are regarding the amnio. Why did you decide to have it or chose not to?

Any advice from those who are pregnant or had a child would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I knew the risk involved, but I felt I just needed to know...but that's just me, and at the appointment I was lying on the table still not sure if I was going through with it or not LOL
    That and the donor medical history wasn't free like how it is now :D
  • Options
    I was 34 when I was pregnant with my daughter and instead of the amnio I did the gentic testing. This invloves 2 blood draws at a certain time and a REALLY long ultra sound. My doctor did not want to risk an amnio and stated this was just as good, if not better due to the lack of risk. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing the amnio on Friday and I'm glad it's over. I feel really good and just have some minor cramps which are normal. Found out it's a girl and now I can focus on the second half of pregnancy. :)
  • Options
    I am so glad it went well for you and now you can start preparing for your daughter by buying lots of PINK. I tried to avoid the pink with reds and yellows, but 90% of her things are pink. I now find myself looking for pink things. HAHA!