Options

Natural cycle no no trigger shot

Hi ladies,
I had my iui yesterday. I ovulated on my own. Today, I feel gassy and have pinching around my left ovary where the follicle was. I had only one follie. I hope this is a ood sign. Anyone else experiencing this with a natural cycle?

Comments

• Options
    Yes! I am new to all this.... I didn't want any meds but my doctor had me do the hcg shot 36 hours before procedure. I was worried I had already ovulated so I had them do another ultra sound before thawing the sperm it was 20.5 in size just one which is my goal for one healthy baby. That was sun 2-16 then today 2-18 in the am I had about an hour where I just sat with cramping on my left side and lower back discomfort.....my doctor re checked my overy yest morning to make sure I had ovulated. The follicle was partially collapsed. He said the follicle refills with fluid after ovulation and that can cause cramping. I did lots of reading during my cramping and read some where that the egg is refilled with something maybe it was progesterone that helps prepare our bodies for the pregnancy! Everyrhing has fallen into place so easily for me! But I am healthy and don't believe I have any infertile complications except for lacking my male help mate husband:) starting to get grey hair at 37 and realize if I am aging my overlies r too! So I prayed about this and it has been very simple! Blesssings to u!
  • Options
    I hope we both fall pregnant. Im 36 and dont worry i have some grey hair here and there. Darn, i thought that maybe there was some fertilization going on in my tubes, lol.
  • Options
    Funny because one my thoughts were could the egg be splitting and I have identical twins? So of coarse it is easy to fantasize :) most statistics only give us a 20% chance. However, I don't think most people that r having iui have no fertility issues. So one healthy follicle in a natural cycle is perfect! I have one child and wasn't planning on raising her without her daddy... But life doesn't always go as we plan. I ovulated a week late when she was conceived and had a healthy pregnancy. Through threats about how he wants her .... Has even more so validated to go with a donor. But if I don't get pregnant I will probably wait several months to try again. I am hopeful and taking every caution that I can but also know it is two weeks to pray, and be thankful for what I do have. So I guess mentally preparing myself in case God's answer is no to this month. There r so many really bad and unhealthy and tough things people go through, I realize because I can walk, talk, eat, and think I am very blessed. Good luck! I will search this post and look forward to hearing good news for both if us in 2 weeks!
  • Options
    Do you know the odds with a natural cycle? Most of the information is about women or couples with infertility issues. I am a single woman, no known issues, although my AMH is slightly low. I am waiting to test FSH next week probably. There are no fertility issues in my family so I am just trying to be patient while I have to wait for an IUI cycle.
  • Options
    hello jbebe,

I am on 2nd IUI with no meds, i ovulate on my own (no issues) 39 yrs, and waiting for my af to come in about 2 days since im having achy legs (normal af symptoms) and if it does come, RE wants to do one more IUI before he talks about going into something more invasive. IUI is done at 24 hours, when does your RE do your IUI?
  • Options
    I will cross my fingers for you!! I am 39 also and ovulate on my own but my RE wanted to use meds because the theory is the more eggs you drop the more likely one will take. Just came from my US and there is only one in there and I'm due on Thanksgiving. If you do start w the meds ask for injectables much fewer side effects and much easier on the uterus than Clomid. Keep us posted either way!!