Options

In need of patience!

First IUI and BFN. I know there are plenty of people on here that have been through several rounds. I just really felt like it was going to work. I'm so annoyed. I'm not a patient person at all. Maybe this is what I am supposed to learn through this process. I am doing another round this month with Letrozole. I didn't get monitored last month and probably not this month because I don't have the extra cash. All I used was ovulation its clearly a mistake. If it doesn't happen I will pay extra and get monitored moving forward. My doctor only wants to do 3 cycles of IUI with me and go to IVF but insurance wants me to waste time with 6 cycles before they will pay for IVF. Sometimes I feel like only another woman going through this can understand!!!

Comments

• Options
    SVQueen.... Relax and find a way to unstress. If you are not having monitoring which I did not have done, I got pregnant. Pee on the OPK's many times a day as you start day 10 or so. I found that I had a surge on day 14 or so in the afternoon. Never in the AM. Also watch your cervical mucus. It gets heavier near ovultaion. Questions let me know.
  • Options
    SVQueen,
    This is a very frustrating process. Anissa is right. Figure out a way to decompress and let go. I had my first 2 IUI's with monitoring Letrozole and Follistem and still BFN. The sucess rate for first time IUI is only 20%. I was crushed with my first BFN. I cried my eyes out then decided its just a set back and to stay focused. One of these days we will all look back on this as a huge stepping stone to motherhood. It will be worth all the heartache. Good luck and keep going.
  • Options
    That's a great idea to take the ovulation tests several times a day. I just wanted to put my best foot forward so I decided to do the monitoring this cycle. I know I need to relax. I am know I was just venting this morning. I feel that I went too late.
  • Options
    SVQueen and gcshelly, it will happen for you. It is just a hard and sucky process. I know. I guess I had all the stars line up for me and got pregnant unmediated on my 2 IUI. Everyone says that it was awesome due to my being 42 when I got pregnant. I really think the acupuncturist I saw had something to do with it. He opened my body for pregnancy and helped me to destress as I say. I also had a drink the night of my IUI. Good luck to all and feel free to vent. It is a hard and frustrating process and even harder as we try to become single mom by choice. It is a great experience and my 1 year old is napping YEAH. Good luck to all.
  • Options
    Stay positive - it took 5 IUI attempts for me to get pregnant at 39 years of age (decided to do max 6 IUIs).
    And now, my thing is STAY pregnant, don't lose it!

Do home ovulation test frequently. despite being monitored by ultrasound, I did them twice per day, was too curious and concerned that it should work not to.

Isn't IVF much, much more expensive than IUI? In Bangkok where I had my IUIs done, it was a significant price difference, hence my decision to try 6 times first before considering more of an intervention.

Lucky you to have your insurance cover fertility treatment :) (mine doesn't even cover maternity).

Again, good luck. Try yoga, meditation, walks in nature, whatever works for you to relax, calm down and unstress. I need to take myself up on that advice... ;)
  • Options
    Wow that's crazy about the insurance. I have to pay out of pocket for 6 iui then insurance will pay for ivf. Congrats on the bfp
  • Options
    SVQ have you tried having a medical director at your insurance look at you medical records. I had a significant history of reproductive issues and they waved the 6 month wait. Might be worth a try.
  • Options
    Thanks I will look into that. I have documentation that I tried a couple of years ago and went to see my Gyn.