Options

doing my first iui tues!

im sooo excited to get started. We picked out donor 05749.. tomorrow im getting my ultrasound. my follie was 13mm last thursday, cycle day 12, so tomorrow their expecting to give me my trigger shot, and go in for the iui 24 hrs. after that, tuesday.

i hope my donor has good sperm!..

it's a 20% chance every month of concieving..so it's a small chance..cross your fingers for me..we need all the luck we can get. :)

anyone ever hear of someone getting bfp on their first iui?

Comments

• Options
    Good Luck! I did my IUI last Friday. I had one follicle that was 23.6 and my lining was a 9. We used the same donor as you. My doctor said he had super sperm because the motility was 100%. We only got 4.8 million post wash but the doctor said that usually with donor sperm you get 1-5 million post wash.

Good luck!! I have read a bunch of reports of people getting preggers on the first IUI. Baby dust!
  • Options
    omg.. how exciting!!

ill let you know the stats on our count/motility this tues.

hoping these ici vials are just as good. ;)
  • Options
    Hope your appt went well today!
  • Options
    the doc visit went perfectly.

my follie is 20mm, my lining is 12. got my trigger shot today, and it was very simple,

im going in tomorrow for the iui!

did the doc put you on any hcg booster shots during the 2ww? mine wants me to do the booster shots but then i couldnt test at all, so i would never get to see that BFP. and also i couldnt wait the 3 weeks to test! crazy.
  • Options
    I was not on the booster shot...I have not heard of that. I did just the femara and the ovidrel shot the day before.

Good luck today!!!
  • Options
    so i just got back from the iui.

our donor had 15 million post wash sperm, and i believe motility was also 100%. man i love our donor!

im doing the hcg booster shots so i cant test till the 27th :(

lets hope the best.

what day are you on now?
  • Options
    That is awesome!! I can test on the 19th...it has already been a very long four days!! I think I google stuff about every hour! :)

What state are you guys in? We are in SC
  • Options
    lol. im trying not to become obssessed with everything that relates to ttc! i think im telling myself this cycles a bust, and thinking already about the next one..

we are in northwest, Wa State.
  • Options
    That is what sucks about the HCG trigger shot that I did...it gives you signs of being pregnant. I am already on two cycle two as well. I have been researching the whole injectables idea and maybe asking for that.

It is hard not to think about it. You would think that someone would invent a way to let us test earlier!!

So with the booster shot....do you just go back to the RE to test??
  • Options
    i agree i still not sure what the hcg booster shots are for..lol..and i have to give them to myself starting tomorrow..i hate needles!

why am i going to torture myself for most likely no reason.

yes, i will have to get a blood test done if i havent started my period by the 27th. but i took clomid this cycle, and i know that delays my period, makes me having longer lp, so even then i prolly wont want to get a blood test done.

speaking of feeling pregnancies symptoms, i finally put two and two together that they hcg booster shot has been making me feel nauseous. the day before yestaurday, when i got it, and today. i hope im not going to feel sick this whole month from those other hcg shots...grrr
  • Options
    How are you feeling now? I am supposed to wait until the 19th to test but I am thinking about doing it on Monday am....it makes me feel like I am doing something instead of waiting!!
    Baby dust to us both!
  • Options
    lol. yea i would be testing prolly sooner than later too, but can't. Im stuck waiting for af to show or testing on thanksgiving day.

for the first time im actually not even reading into any symtoms or anything like i would have done in the past. Ive had cramps today but at 4dpo it's nothing and was naseuos the two other days, found out it's the hcg booster shots (yay). and i cant rely on anything i feel cause of these shots, people say they make my body think im preggo..

how many iui's have u done with this donor? and are u planning on sticking with him? I was going to do at least two more iui's with him. have you had any symptoms yet?
  • Options
    This is a our first IUI....we are not sure how many times we are going to try. I have insurance coverage for 6 times but we have a life time max. We could also use that money for IVF as well. My plan is something like this...but it has changed already a ton of times.

If I am not pregnant this time, then I want to move to injectables for 2 cycles. Then stop until the summer so I can do IVF. I think we will use the same donor for all of it. We have to have ICI vials and they have to be CMV negative which limits who we can use a lot!

I am not 100% sold on IVF either....what they have to do to your body for that is really harsh on it. And there are no studies to show that all those hormones don't have some effect on you long term....
    If we end up not doing IVF then we will do the 6 cycles of IUI.

I feel 100% not pregnant...no symptoms at all. I doubt this cycle worked....guess I will find out on the 19th!
  • Options
    If you want to email me instead of writing on the boards - you can at jennrgodwin@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Good luck I did my first one on Monday too. Very exciting