Options

So Sad

Today is 14dpiui and my urine test came out negative. I am very sad but to some extent, I suspected that it was not working. I had no symptoms at all except 2 days ago. A little pain here and there in the first few days and that was it but I was on progesterone inserts 3X a day so I figured that’s from the progesterone. It is my first IUI so I became fixated on reading about others IUI stories and more. I got some hope when I read others did not have any symptoms but had BFP but my test result was negative. 2 days ago, I started having my normal symptoms that indicates my period is coming. I should have my period between today and the 7th.

I do have a question. My appointment was at 8 am so I didn’t take my progesterone this morning before the test and as I wipe before collecting my urine, there was blood. Not too much but almost like my period just started. Could my period come that quickly because I didn’t take the progesterone this morning?

Comments

• Options
    Hi B-

I'm sorry to hear the first iui didn't take. This is SO normal though. Most women don't get it on the first try. I've already done a few iui's and my doctor says there is nothing wrong it just takes time.

To answer your question when I was on progesterone I did start to bleed immediately after a missed dose. This is also normal. The drop in progesterone brings it on.

Just want to say hang in there! Try your hardest not to make TTC your main focus. I am working on that too! Its better to just go through the motions and trust that it will happen. You will get your baby!

-S
  • Options
    Hi S-
    Thank you so much for your words. I've heard that most women don't get BFP on their first IUI and in my case, I have fibroid. I've read a bit about AF while on progesterone. I was really surprise because from all what I knew about progesterone, AF is not to come if you are on it...unless the dosage is off. Needless to say, I took the news hard but decided to try again.

I've been off progesterone thinking AF will follow right away but no AF so far.

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I will try my best and go thru the emotions and believe my time will come. Thank so, so much!!!

Baby dust to you!!!