Options

4th IUI...Anyone have any luck continuing with IUIs..

-TX--TX- Posts: 11
edited January 21, 2018 4:55PM in LGBTQ+ Couples
My wife and I are about to do our 4th IUI in a couple months. Did 2 ICIs at home and 3 IUIs with Follistim and Trigger shots. Nothing took. I'm 31 and the doctor said I should have no problem conceiving. Just so hard getting BFN again and again! Anyone have any helpful words or advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Yeah baby,

My wife was 34/35 when going through the process. She had great test results but went through 3 IUI's with no luck. We switched to IVF for our fourth attempt and she got pregnant on the first try. She unfortunately lost the baby at 2 months but it was reassuring knowing that she was capable of getting pregnant. Sometimes IUI just isn't the right route for certain people. If IVF is within your means then I would give it a shot! Hopefully that helps.
  • Options
    I had 9 IUIs before one finally took! 5 using Clomid and 1 using just Femara, 1 using femara and Ovidrel (trigger) and the last 2 using Femara, Follistim then trigger.

Hang in there!! I know it's rough. But it's worth it! I'm almost 20weeks now. Due in November
  • Options
    We did six Iuis two of those cycles with inseminating two days in a row. All failed. Switched donors three times. Tried clomid and follistim with trigger. Nothing month after month. We agreed to move to ivf. Pregnant first transfer of one embryo. My wife is due on Tuesday. Our RE told us the chance for getting pregnant with frozen sperm is 15% even with everything looking perfect as it always did. I also heard that one vial of sperm isn't even a full ejaculation for CCB. It just makes your iui chances more difficult. But it works for some just not us.
  • Options
    Glad to hear there are some success stories. My partner and I have done 2 ICIs at home and just had our first IUI last month. Unfortunately, we got a BFN. She's 31, and we definitely want this to work. Guess we will see what we need to do next at our next Doctor's appointment.
  • Options
    As silly as this sounds, try not to stress over it. I think that had a lot to do with our BFP as well. #9 was going to be the last attempt for us before we took a break for a while and either considered Adoption or IVF. Somehow that took a little pressure off, knowing we were okay with other options, and allowed my body to conceive. I am 31 as well. You still have a few years before it becomes harder. I think 35 is the age.

Good luck to you all!
  • Options
    My wife and I just finished our 5th IUI and it was successful! We are now 5 weeks pregnant, due in March! She's 31 as well. We tried staying as calm as possible even though it's hard. We both noticed that she was more calm during the two week wait this time, and I do think that makes a difference.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Thanks Firsttimetxmoms and HopefulMommas for the encouraging words. Congratulations to both of you! It is so very stressful because you want so bad for it to work. When you conceived this time, did you take any fertility meds/trigger shots? How many IUI's did you do that resulted in a BFP? We used Chlomid this last time, did the trigger shot, and the IUI the following day. Any other tips, other than us trying not to stress..lol.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! I think we'll do a fourth IUI in a couple months. Congrats FirsttimeTXmoms and NCMoms!!!

My previous IUIs I did Femara, Follistim and a Trigger shot. I'd only have 2-3 good eggs that were around a 17-18 on the last sono before they'd inseminate. Is that common? We just want a baby so badly. Trying to stay calm.