Options

Trying to narrow down my donor list

I have found 13 (and I'm still looking through) donors I like. How did you ladies that used donor sperm narrow down your list and then choose 1 out of like 1 million? What specifics did you look for? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm having a really hard time trying to go through all these. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if it will help you but when we looked through donors this is what we did....we started with ancestry, specimen type and height...(we are both on the shorter side and wanted to make sure we gave our child the best opportunity to be a little taller. We ruled out any donor under 6' first.) Just these 3 things brought us down to about 75. Then we started looking at education. Her family is full of art and english majors so we looked for science and math bringing us down to @ 25 then we went through and took out everyone that was bald or had thinning hair and allergies and then read all the profiles for the 15-20 we had left and ruled out those who said i donated for the money or ones who just didn't feel right to us. We picked our top 5 and bought the baby pictures. That ruled out 2 right away and the final 3 we brought to our family and had them choose even though we already had a favorite...they all chose the same guy so that's who we went with. We now have a beautiful 2 month old baby boy (who is quite tall by the way :))
  • Options
    we first went with the hair and eye color we wanted, then out of those we went with if they had pregnancies or not, then if they wore corrective lenses..then out of those i decided on the one that had the same favorite sport as my husband..that narrowed it down to one...also we didn't pick the hair color of my husbabd.. it was more what we wanted our kid to look like..the eyes were the same color as his..hopefully she keeps them...i also have a 2 month old baby
  • Options
    we first went with the hair and eye color we wanted, then out of those we went with if they had pregnancies or not, then if they wore corrective lenses..then out of those i decided on the one that had the same favorite sport as my husband..that narrowed it down to one...also we didn't pick the hair color of my husband.. it was more what we wanted our kid to look like..the eyes were the same color as his..hopefully she keeps them...i also have a 2 month old baby
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. My mom and I went through all of them the other night. (Her input is very important to me.) I have it narrowed down to 4!
    Has anyone used or know anything about any of these Donors.

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    I don't anything about those donors but it was important for me to have the help of my mom and sister too. Good luck!
  • Options
    I don't know any of the donors yet...but have you checked out baby pics?

11291 was a donor of the month in Feb. and 11884 in June. Some people feel special connections to baby pictures so maybe that will help....plus 2 you don't have to buy.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    It can be overwhelming. I agree that choosing the hair, eye, and skin color is a good place to start especially if you want the child to resemble your coloring. The next thing I looked at was heritage and a description of the donor's profile. I like to get a sense of the personality and whether or not they seem to be creative, athletic, smart, etc. The final thing for me was reviewing the donor's extended medical history to see what risks might present. I just got a good feeling about my final choice. I became really set on him. Friends and family who know you well and are supportive can be extremely helpful. Good luck in your choices and try not to get to overwhelmed.