Options

frustrated!

I am needing some encouragement! I have had 3 natural IUI, 1 with clomid, 1 with injectables. All gave me just 1 follicle and no BFP. At what point do I stop spending money each month on IUI and US and save up for 1 IVF? I would love to hear from anyone who has gotton pregnant after 5 or more cycles. Or anyone who had to move on to IVF and when they did.

Comments

• Options
    Sunshine,

I belong to a group called Single Mothers by Choice which has a great ttc yahoo group. I see this question in various forms on that list every day. On the one hand, it is pretty common to take more than five tries to get pregnant and doesn't always mean that there is anything wrong. On the other hand, I hear a lot of women say they wished they had gone to IVF sooner rather than later, especially women over about 37. One of the women on that group is doing IUI with an IVF drug protocal, which might be something you could try to get better egg production.

Good luck,

Rebekah
  • Options
    Thank you Rebekah! I have calmed down and decided to do one more before moving on...