Options

Success rate with donor 11809

I have just completed my 3rd round of IUI using donor 11809. I was curious as to the success rate of this donor.

Comments

• Options
    Hi SAM -

There is no such thing as a "success rate" for an individual donor. All donors are highly screened for specimen quality and fully capable of contributing to a pregnancy.

The number of reported pregnancy is only related to the relative popularity of a donor and how long he has been available on the catalog.

In this case, we have less than 5 reported pregnancies for Donor 11809. He has only been available since July of last year and it generally takes about a year for reports to start coming in.

You should also keep in mind that it takes an average of 4 medicated IUI cycles per successful pregnancy (age and reproductive health obviously play a huge part in each individual's success). I know it can be frustrating having to go through multiple attempts, but rest assured your experience is totally among the statistical norm.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Scott,

Thanks for answering back so promptly. I guess success rate wasn't the right wording but I feel a little better knowing that 11809 has some reported pregnancies. Choosing a donor was difficult and we wanted to match my husband as close as possible. I guess he isn't a popular donor but 11809 is pretty close (height, weight, eye color, blood type, ethnic background) to my husband....So we are hoping that it works eventually.

Thanks Again,
    Stephanie
  • Options
    You're welcome. Glad to help.

Best of luck,

Scott