Options

new here,is 27 too young?

Hi, everyone, all of you single mommies and mommies to be. I have made the decesion to become single mom. I plan on starting ICI or IUI next summer. wAs wondering if any of you think 27, which I"ll be next summer is too young to start this process? I live in my own house but am by no means rich. I am an artist and writer, both unpredictable jobs but great ones for a single mom (will be able to work at home). My mom is very supportive and excited about my decesion as is my cousin and a few friends. Any opinions on what age is too young? I can't wait to be a mom. I've been taking care of kids since I was seven years old and volunteering my time with them for years. I'm tired of waiting for the right guy, someone who would be a great dad for one. I've never been particularly lucky in love, have always fallen for the guy who didn't feel the smae about me. I am 95% sure of my decesion, but worry about giving up on that dream of the "traditional family". Especially since my own dad wasn't around much when I was growing up. Any insights you all have would be great! I am so glad that CCB has this forum, it is so great to know there are many other ladies out there in the same boat. Thank you for all of your sharing. Nicole

Comments

• Options
    I will be 40 this Oct and system engineer. I live in my own house and want to adopt kids since I was 18 years old. Now due to the expense of adoption, I try to have IUI to have my own kid. Hope that is not too late for me.

I believe that you should follow your heartful effort which will bring you happiness and strength to go through difficulty while reaching you dream. Doing IUI does not mean that you give up the dream of "Traditional family". You are very young and many good men will be lucky to be friends with you. When the good relationship comes, you still have choice to reach the family dream also.

Best wishes.
    Hanna
  • Options
    Thank-you hannaha for your response, I would hate to give up on that dream of the traditional family. But just because I plan to have my first child on my own doesn't mean I have to and I think I finally believe that thanks again
  • Options
    I'm 28 now and am looking through the profiles here. I would say it's not too young. You seem to be very smart and have a ton of experience with children. You have your own home, and a caring mom by your side. I'd say you are at the rigth age. My sister had her son at 24. I'm 28 now, and it's interesting thinking that my sister was a mom at that age. She is the most wonderful, smart, understanding, loving mother.
    Good luck with your decision.

The donors seem to have a great outlook about donating and are confident. And we are looking for donors. I think it's the way to go.

I'm glad there is a forum here too.

Violet
  • Options
    Hello,

Just to put in my two cents. I think that as long as you are true to yourself and do wat is right in your heart then you can't be too young. I am 33 and am planning my first insem for tomorrow. Now is the right time for me but it sounds like you are ahead of the game and 27 is the right time for you. Good luck
    Chelby