Options

Testing - Intergrated Screen

Anyone getting the Intergrated Screen testing?

Blood / Ultrasound test for Down, Trisomy18, and neural tube defect ...

Just saw my doctor yesterday and she recommended that test before we even consider an ambio. This one is making me very nervous.

10 weeks pregnant and still pinching myself.
Heard the heartbeat yesterday :-)

Good luck on everyone's journey to motherhood ...

Comments

• Options
    Congrats, severine!

I am right where you are, at 10 weeks. Yesterday was my first appt with my midwife, although I had a few u/s appts before, one a 6 weeks and one at 7. No hearing the heartbeat yet for me, but we could see it going strong! And those little fingers and toes. What a huge difference in just a few short weeks!

I am also doing the integrated screening. I like that it is so noninvasive. I'm going to get the bloodwork done tomorrow and my NT scan is set for Apr. 25. If all looks good I'll skip the amnio. I plan on having the baby no matter what (although I totally understand that some people would make a different decision than I have), so I only want to know to feel prepared, and would rather avoid something invasive if I can. It's scary, but a healthy baby is the most likely outcome, so I try not to stress. ;-)

Good luck, hon. Sending positive thoughts during this kind of stressful time. We'll be holding our healthy babies before you know it! :-)
  • Options
    Serevine... Very standard test. My sister in law had it done on all 3 of her kids and she is in her 30's and 20s when she got pregnant. Normal screening. I think it takes an hour. Mine is scheduled for 3 weeks from now.

I have seen the hearbeat and it was going strong. I just need to get through the next few weeks.

My doc has already mentioned an amnio since I am 43 when the child will be born. I told her I will discuss it with her in May.

BTW Serevine and EEH876 I am about a week behind you. Due in Nov.

Good luck. The test is just an ultrasound with some measurements done.

Congrats.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info; my appointement is the 17th. :-)
    And congrats to both of you also .... Here's too heathly babies!