Options

HBO documentary Monday 29th

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up if you are interested. There is a documentary on HBO on Monday the 29th called "First Comes Love". It is about a 41 yr old woman who decided to become a single mother by choice. I believe it chronicles her going through the process of IVF, pregnancy, L&D, and a bit after the baby was born. I thought it looked interesting.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/first-comes-love/index.html

Comments

• Options
    Thanks! I set my TiVo!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can view "on demand" if you don't subscribe to HBO? I tried looking around the "on demand" lists but couldn't find it. TIA.
  • Options
    its under HBO On Demand under summer documentary series. NOT impressed and I havent even finished watching it. Pretty nauseating. She makes this seem like a joke.
  • Options
    I watched this documentary last week and it was really well done and so very inspiring! I'd recommend it to any woman not yet a SMC who is thinking about and trying to become a single mom. FYI--the woman featured in the documentary is the filmmaker herself.
  • Options
    I wished that it focused more on her fertility process (going to the doctor, ultrasounds, number of follicles, cost of IVF). It took me going back to it 3 times to actually get through it. The film just made it seem like she decided to get pregnant, and then poof, she's instantly pregnant. Didn't really see the struggle that many go through emotionally, physically, and financially trying to conceive.

But that's just my impression from what she chose to include in the film.
  • Options
    Epmarzullo -- I felt the same way. It made it seem so easy.
  • Options
    I'm so happy to hear that others were not impressed! I did not like the film at all. She had such an opportunity here to show the process, the struggles, etc. I also found her personally unlikable -- had a sh*tload of help during PG and with her newborn and yet she still complained. And I thought she was way too critical of her sweet father who gave her a great life and came from a totally different era so needed time to accept her decision.