Options

How many IUI do you do before getting pregnancy?

For those single mom who has succeeded with IUI, could you share how many times you tried? I am thinking trying IUI or IVF

Comments

• Options
    Hey there! While I am not a single mom, my wife and I went through IUI to conceive. We were successful on our 4th round of IUI :)
    We have a 9 month old daughter!!

Sending baby dust your way! If you have any questions, just ask!

Courtney
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Wally030306 ! I will consider IUI first. Will share my progress :)
  • Options
    I'm in a same sex relationship and we did iui. Successful on 2nd try :) good luck
  • Options
    I was very fortunate to get pregnant on my second IUI and am now a mother to a five month old boy.
  • Options
    thanks a lot for the answers. May I know when is the time you did IUI? My doctor told me that it is the second day with the positive signal on OPK test kit. But I saw some posts saying that 42 hour after LH surge is better. Would like to know more about successful stories. Thanks
  • Options
    I'm 42 years old, and I got a BFP just this past week on my very first IUI attempt. Here is how it went for me:
    On days 4-8 of my cycle started Clomid, 100mg. My AMH result showed 0.47, so decided that Clomid wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Days 9-13 I did estrogen, vaginal inserts. My nurse practitioner explained that was to protect my uterine wall.
    On day 13 I went in for an ultra sound. We found one mature follicle, and one close maturity. Uterine wall looked very good too. During the same visit I got an ovulation trigger shot.
    The next day, that's day 14 of my cycle I went in for my IUI. They defrosted it about 30 minutes before. They also counted the sperm, it was an excellent vial, 15.7 million live sperm.
    I got a very, very faint positive 12 and 13 days later. I made myself wait a few more days, and repeated the test 17 days after my IUI. At this point I was 2 days late on my period, and my test showed a BFP.
    Honestly, I'm in a bit of a shock. Considering my age, I definitely did not expect it to happen on the very first try, and was preparing for the long haul.
  • Options
    @MissIzzy, congratulations! I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing the information. I found myself stressful in using opk and decide about when the ovulation may happen.
    I just tried the IUI, but the sperm count is low in both of the vials I bought. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    @MissIzzy, congratulations! What is BFP? DId you use an ovulation test Kit? My physician prefers to do ultrasounds to monitor my ovulation process.
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have been TTC with a donor since earlier this year. I was working with my current OBGYN, but this was not her area of expertise. I switched to a nurse practitioner within the practice because she has a lot more experience with IUI. My experience, in a nutshell, is that my doctor meant well but was not familiar with the whole process. As a result, there were multiple cycles where we missed my ovulation. I paid to ship the sample to her office, only to have to return it to storage! It was really disheartening.

Working with the NP was much different. She was really on top of it. She put me on Femera for days 3-7. We did an ultrasound to check follicle size on day 9. Based on that, we did another on day 14 and had the sample delivered to her office CD 12. I got an HCG trigger shot in CD 14 and the IUI performed on CD 15. This time, we were successful. It was the 3rd IUI.

My major lesson learned here? Go with a healthcare professional who has a lot of experience with this. Also, you may want to consider a provider who is available on weekends to perform the procedure. Timing is so important. My dr office was closed on weekends, so it made timing even trickier. It also added to the overall stress of a very stressful and emotional process. I wish I had avoided that, but I certainly can't complain now!
  • Options
    @sapphiress20, BFP means "Big Fat Positive" (positive pregnancy test result). I am still in the midst of TWW (two weeks wait) for pregnancy results and will be a single mom. I used OPKs as well as had ultrasounds during my IUI process.

My process was similar to MissIzzy. I had ultrasounds on Days 3 and 12 of my cycle. I gave myself a trigger shot (Ovidrel) and couldn't do so until a positive OPK result. I did 3 OPKs test days. After positive result, I did trigger shot the same day and had IUI the next 2 days.

My RE office has a great team of physicians (9) and the office I go to is opened 7 days a week. The weekends are monitoring days for those in the midst of an active process. I had both IUI insemination days over the weekend.

Baby dust and best of luck to everyone!