Options

Are you trending your basal temperature??

Hey everyone~

I am very curious how many of you are checking & trending your basal temperatures?

My RE has never suggested that I do this, but it appears that so many of you do mention it.

Also, does tracking your temp just apply for natural IUIs or is anyone doing this while on clomid/trigger shots?

Thanks for your input!
Kimberly & T

Comments

• Options
    Kimberly
    Hey did you see my post and link to my chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/231709

My chart for November will show where we used the Clomid and that cycle I ovulated later than when we did not use clomid... Fertility friend is great and you can use for 30 days free, then a small charge for 3, 6 months or a year.. There is a place to note injections etc.

The best thing about tracking BBT for me is that it helped me see patterns in my cycle. The cycle projection option on the analysis button on the side is great too, it projects ovulation to help you prepare for the possibilities each month. Although it projects based on past ovulation not knowing that clomid will delay your ovulation.

The other thing about tracking BBT is to tell if you have a biphasic pattern and your shift from estrogen to progesterone production causes a quick shift in your temperature. If so you have strong ovulation... if the temp stays above the coverline it also indicates you have good progesterone levels in the second half of your cycle...

Hope that helps. I have a few other places I read about BBT, I think it was also in the Lesbian guidebook... Best of luck.. oh by the way, I encourage you to start charting now, even if it's the middle of your cycle... it can still tell you things and help you get in the habit of taking temp everyday at the same time.. (don't forget you have to do it before you get out of bed! )

Good luck!
  • Options
    Shannon,

Thanks! I did read about it some yesterday but it seemed a little confusing. Perhaps once I actually start tracking & seeing it, it will start making more sense.

Also, I finally ordered the books you recommended through Amazon! I can't wait to get them! Tina is very interested in "The Other Mother" book (I can't remember the exact name), but we ordered that too.

Kimberly