Options

Has anyone had a elevated FSH and had success?

Anyone here get pregnant with an elevated FSH level?
I'm 43 yrs old and just found out that my FSH jumped from below 10 last year to 12.8. My RE explained what that means and how it will affect my attempts to have a successful healthy pregnancy. He has suggested a total of 3 IUI tries and that's it. He also said I'm not a candidate for IVF because of it. So, if you have any experiences with this...please share. It's going to be what it's going to be but to have others out there to talk to about it is somewhat comforting. Not sure what to think about it...but I'm just staying positive for the 3 attempts that DP and I will be making.

Comments

• Options
    I don't have any experience with this, so I can't really answer your question. But here's a post that I found online which is inspirational and lets you know that it is still possible...

07-07-2007, 05:19 AM
    I'm sorry you were given such a grim prognosis.
    I used Fertility Centers of Illinois in the suburbs when ttc. They weren't afraid of my 17.6 fsh and I did end up having 2 kids.

And here's an artical from a doctor that I find very interesting...

http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/high-fsh-excuse-to-send-patients-away.html

Do some research on this...There are plenty of women over 40 having babies! You can do this!
  • Options
    Thanks SO Much MistyandCarla!
    I'm not feeling let down. I'm actually feeling positive that all will work out as it should. Glad to hear that someone that had a higher FSH than mine and still got pregnant. Not sure why my RE wanted to limit my IUI tries at 43 yrs old. I may seek a 2nd opinion if we need to.
    Best to you and yours! You are an awesome voice of support and positivity on many new comer posts. : )