Options

Just for fun...names

Since we are all on here for the same reasons, and obviously we all want children, I thought it might be fun to discuss baby names. Can we do that on here? (Sorry if it's not allowed...just trying to spark up a fun conversation that's baby-related but not all about menstruation and fertility drugs...LOL)

Anyway, I have one daughter named Saara, and I have always had a preference for more old-fashioned names, personally. Lately, they've been making a comeback, though, and I like to steer clear of things that are too common (hence why my daughter is named Saara, pronounced S-AAAAAH-ra, and not SARA, pronounced S-AIR-ah). My ex-husband and I chose that name for her because he is Saudi, and we wanted an Arab name that was not too weird in the USA. :) Plus it means "gift from God" or "princess", depending on the translation, which is what she is! LOL

My husband and I have been talking baby names ever since we got married. Our favorites seem to change a lot, but lately we have been partial to Molly Rebecca or Addison Artemis for girl names and Tristan Asher or Felix David for boy names.

So what about you? Any thoughts on what you'd like to name your possible future children? :)

Comments

• Options
    I love Henry for a boy and Lorraine for a girl. I to love classic names.
  • Options
    Girls: Audrina, Miranda (my middle name), Adrianna

Boys: Brandon, Hayden, Tristan

My son's name is Justin, and hoping for a girl for baby #2 :)
  • Options
    Tara...I'm voting for Miranda! : )
  • Options
    Girl: Lola

Boy: Brody (combo of our names, Brian and Jody)

I second the vote for Miranda!
  • Options
    the names i choose start with k and the girls mildle name stars with e and the boys mildle name starts with L
  • Options
    I'm still in the planning stages (first IUI late April or early May) but I like Quinn (for either a girl or a boy).

Boy: Giovanni (Gio), Nico, Sam, Tristen, Teagan.

Girl: Giavanna (Gia), Tenley (yes, I got this from the Bachelor!, lol), Piper, Madeline (like Mad-eh-lIne), EllaBleu

I have a whole spreadsheet going. Ha! Now I need the baby.
  • Options
    Thanks Misty and jturcotte!

I will keep that in mind =)
  • Options
    Niko for my girl
    Angel for my boy
  • Options
    suziwithaq -
    I am in the planning stages too! I have my first Dr. appt on April 8th. I've been doing TONS of window shopping in baby stores and looking up info online to become a single mother.

Girls - Madeline, Molly, Cara

Boys - Harry, Logan

Good luck to all wherever you are in your baby quest! And as I see on here a lot - baby dust all around! :)
  • Options
    I like Bentley for a boy now. Been watching too much of "Teen Mom" ;)
  • Options
    Boy- Seven (meaning completion)
    Zion (meaning to sing, omen)

Girl- Rayne (meaning Queen)
  • Options
    EMMY- I named my boy Angel(he's with God)...I love the way it's pronouced in Spanish.
  • Options
    im sorry smacciegracie....
  • Options
    My children's names are mostly for people who are THE most important people in my life:

My son WILL be Robert Mark Alexander...

Robert is for my mom, Roberta...

Mark is for the man in my life who has put up with more in his life than most men EVER should have to and he's survived it all...

Alexander is for me and my dad, Alex, who's at home with Jesus now.

My daughter WILL be Jordyn Roberta Alexis...

Jordyn is a version of Jordan that I've always liked

and you already know Roberta and Alexis!! :-)
  • Options
    For a boy I choose Christian Michael
    for a girl not so sure but maybe Jasmine Elizabeth
  • Options
    For a girl I love Sofia Rose =) and for a boy I like Gabreil Anthony =)