Options

help

does anyone know when the bank says they guarantee the vial for 7 days if that does or does not include the day it was shippied...my vial shipped out tues. so they only guarantee until monday or tues???? i haven't got a positive LH surge yet but I don't want my gaurantee on the vial to expire so I'm thinking I will have to chance it and inseminate on monday does that make sense?? any advice i am 24 and this will be my girlfriends and my first try. I am new to this whole process.

Comments

• Options
    also to clarify according to several different ovulation calculators due to the first date of my last period my most fertile days would have been oct. 1-7 so tomorrow being the 5th even if i don't get my LH surge i've heard the semen can survive for up to 3 days is that the case. we are pretty bummed out at this point we feel like we've miscalculated our first try, and lord knows at $700 bucks a pop money is an issue.
  • Options
    mommy23,

This happened to me the first time I inseminated. I was so worried about the vial "going bad" after 7 days but I called CCB and even though they can only "guarantee" it in the container for 7 days, the representative told me that they can be okay for up to 10 days.

Ask your doctor about inseminating without detecting the surge. You might want to also call CCB for reassurance about the vial being in the container for more than 7 days (I believe the day it is shipped is counted in that number). I have also read that the semen can survive 3-5 days. Do you always get your LH surge near or on the same day of your cycle? Don't be bummed out. You will probably be able to wait for your surge and then inseminate following day (depending on what day you expect your surge).
  • Options
    Mommy23, those ovulation calculators that give your "most fertile" seven day period are based on the usumption that you have unlimitted access to fresh, never frozen sperm. Fresh sperm can live 3-5 days in your body, while your egg can live 1-2 days after ovulation so depending on what assumptions they used to do the math, a "most fertile" prediction of Oct. 1-7 means the expected date of ovulation that has been calculated is October 5 or 6. Frozen sperm (those that survive the thaw) live 12-48 hours depending on how tough the individual swimmers are. Ovulation, of course can vary from the mathmatical prediction. IMHO those little guys are safer in the tank for the next two or three days while you wait for the LH surge.
  • Options
    frozen sperm should also live up to 3 days and the egg is the same. we are in the same boat I did not detect an LH surge by the day my IUI was schedualed and the sperm has already arrived, we went through with it and now have 3 days left for our tww. it was our first time although i did not have the reasurance of the opk we still are hoping for the best. so talk to your rn or doc before you go ahead that way you feel confident with your choice.