Options

I'm considering 12286. No pregnancies are reported. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this donor? Thanks! So hard to choose!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Syd -

This is a common misconception (no pun intended). :-)

Every single CCB donor is 100% capable of contributing to a successful pregnancy. They go through a long screening process that includes semen analysis that must place them in the top 10-20% of all males in terms of sperm quality.

Every donation is tested at the time of collection to make sure it meets our standards. There is no reason to rely on previous pregnancies when selecting a donor since every CCB donor over the last 30+ years has eventually had successful pregnancies (assuming they stayed in the program long enough to produce a minmum numner of vials).

It generally takes 6-12 months from a first release for any pregnancy reports to start coming in. 12286 has only been available since the end of July. He has sold very few vials to this point.

If you feel he is "the one" you have nothing to worry about. Maybe you could be the very first to report a pregnancy!

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you. That helps. I didn't realize he was only available since June. His profile date shows August 2009 so I was concerned. I'm looking for a popular donor so that my chances of finding a sibling will be higher. If he has only sold a few so far that sounds like a concern?
  • Options
    Donor Profiles are completed very early in the qualifying process. Actual vial releases come much later.

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    Scott - Can you give me an update on reported pregnancies and births?

SydLor - did you decide to use him?
    Anyone else with experience with 12286?

I am starting my second medicated cycle with him.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi grey -

We now have less than 5 reported pregnancies for Donor 12286.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Greygracie-

Yes, I did decide to use this donor and I am pregnant! Took me two cycles with him and had very good fertilization rates.

I'm due in December. If you had success and would like to connect please let me know.
  • Options
    SydLor

Congratulations!

Unfortunately, I did 3 IUI's with 12286 and did not get pregnant. He is no longer available, so I had to move on to another donor. No success so far.

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy baby!
  • Options
    Hi sydlor. Had my 2nd iui with donor 12286. Had an allergic reaction 10 mins after iui. Not sure what caused it yet. Will let you know in 2 wks what happens. Congrats and Good luck with your pregnancy.
  • Options
    Happy to report a positive result. Will go in 9/15/11 for first ultrasound. Woo hoo!
  • Options
    Sunny eyes -
    Congratulations!! How is the pregnancy going? I registered on the sibling registry and have been checking that to see if there were any others who used 12286 successfully. So far no one else has registered and I had forgotten about this. I'm very excited for you. Please let me know how everything is progressing. My email is:

sydlor2007@yahoo.com

On December 18 I had a beautiful little girl. She is perfect.

Sydney
  • Options
    Hi. New here posting. Had twins boy/girl with 12286 and they are beautiful and healthy. At 38wks born March 12, 2013, and big! Super cute babies. Everyone says the cutest babies ever...I know everyone says that about their own but they are adorable! The journey has begun...
  • Options
    Hi Kodibear -

Congrats on the birth of your twins! We wish you and your family all of the best!

I bet the twins are keeping you super busy, but when you have a chance, please take a moment to officially report their birth by calling Client Services at 866-927-9622 or by completing the online form.

https://www.cryobank.com/services/post-conception-services/outcome-of-insemination/insemination-form.cfm?id=129&LangType=1033&CFID=23408508&CFTOKEN=91338715&jsessionid=8430b8c7d90b30e39d2c2346346183e37665

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB