Options

Is age a factor for anyone out there? Am 24 years old

Is age a factor for anyone out there? Am 24 years old many people may think I’m too young to be doing this even though I have spent many years and months preparing for this “choice mom” world that am entering. People still think I would be less of a mom because am so young. I just don’t want to wait until I am too old or wait forever on my knight and shining armor prince to arrive on his white horse. Any thoughts or comets on this topic?

Comments

• Options
    I'm 28 and would've moved along with this at 25 or 26 if I could have a "do over" - if you have the finances, the confidence, and some support, don't let what you perceive random people's gripes to be hold you back.
  • Options
    I am 26 years old and have a 5 year old son from a previous marriage. I have decided to go the route of having another baby through IUI. I haven't met Mr. Right and have been wanting another baby for 3 years now. I have decided to just go through with it instead of waiting around for the right person. If you feel deep down that you are ready for a baby, go ahead and do it because it is such a blessing.
  • Options
    OMG! you sound exactly like me last year. I was 23, now 24. i was sick of waiting and felt like i would never get anywhere. so i ended up using donor 11018 last year in november as an ici at home and it worked, first time! Now i have a beautiful baby boy. He's 3 months old and i couldnt be happier. I went on the sibling regestry and i connect with all of my sons brothers and one sisters parents on facebook. it's very exciting for me to have all this family for him out there to meet one day. much better than having a family with anyone just for a family and having it fall apart because you rushed with the wrong person. have your baby. you'll be happy and meet that special someone someday later on, Amanda
  • Options
    I am 25 and going to inseminate within the next 3 weeks. I have wanted to start a family for a few years now. Even though I am not single I would go through with it even if I was. I believe there is nothing more rewarding. Good luck to you and be strong!
  • Options
    I spent most of my twenties longing for a child. If I had known at 24 that I would still be single at 29, I definately would have gone forward sooner. Single may not be our first choice on how to start out as mothers but it is not a desperate choice either and there is no reason why it has to be a last ditch effort.