Options

3rd miscarriage, feeling discouraged, any success stories???

I have been trying to have a baby for quite some time. I have an 8 year old daughter from a previous marriage but am trying to have a baby as a single mother this time around. I had my first miscarriage in 2011. It was discovered at my 8 week u/s that the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. I started fertility treatments 15 months ago. The whole process took much longer than I ever imagined but they finally did my 1st IUI in October 2012. It was a success and I was thrilled. However it ended as a chemical pregnancy. My 2nd IUI was unsuccessful. My 3rd IUI in April was a success. I saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks and really thought things would be ok. I went for my 10 week OB appt on Thursday and the baby wasn't moving and there was no heartbeat. The baby stopped growing at 9 weeks 2 days. I was devastated and in shock. I had to have a D & C on Monday.

It's so overwhelming thinking about starting this whole process over again. I thought I was done with 2ww's and the Day 1-5 u/s's that show cysts and have to wait another month to try. Now if I get pregnant again, how will I ever rest and relax. I'll never be able to stop worrying. I don't know how I'll ever tell my daughter (who has no idea I've been trying to have a baby) that I'm pregnant when I won't ever know if the baby will be ok. The doctors tell me most likely it was chromosomal each time and I should be able to get pregnant and carry the baby to term...however they don't know if it will be the next time or the next or the next. I will have test results back in several weeks that will hopefully tell me a little more but they docs say most likely they will just tell me it was chromosomal problem and I just need to try again. As long as the test results don't show anything unexpected I am hoping to start over in August. The waiting starts again...

Has anyone else out there had the same problem and have a happy ending??? I could use as many prayers and words of encouragement as possible.

Comments

• Options
    Hi beck1141, I'm so sorry. I haven't gone through anything like that, but I am here for support if you need it. I know I can't relate to your lose but I hope you do not give up. There has to be a test out there that can help narrow down whats happening during the pregnancies. I will keep you in my prayers. Sending you big ((hugs)).
  • Options
    Welcome Becky...I'm so sorry for what you have been through.... I feel like I've read something that MDs can give a woman that helps a woman's uterus once she gets pregnant. I of course wish you the best of luck. We are all here to support you in any way that we can. I will add you to my prayers!!

Sticky baby dust to us all!!

Jennie
  • Options
    Thank you a_walton and dragon for your thoughts, prayers, and hugs. I appreciate your support. I did talk to the fertility director yesterday. Hopefully I'll get some answers in a few weeks. We talked about some possible options of bloodwork and testing but really can't make any decisions until the report comes back from this miscarriage. So I will wait a few weeks and then hopefully be able to get everything done in time to try again in August. Until then I will try and enjoy my summer without wishing it away like I did last summer.

Thanks again for your support!
  • Options
    Anytime. Stay strong and enjoy your summer.