Options

Fingers crossed...

Going in tomorrow morning to check the follicles. This will be our 2nd IUI. Last time, they told me I had 3 good-sized follicles and they said that the donor presented with 53 million sperm, but we still ended up with a BFN. I am hoping to have 3 or 4 good sized follicles again tomorrow...and maybe we can have our IUI Tuesday or Wednesday. I really hope this one takes. I did the math, and I've been TTC since my daughter was born for a grand total of 79 months. That's 79 BFNs. 79 heartbreaks. 79! Please, God, don't make me have to endure this for an 80th time!!! I don't know if I can take any more...

Comments

• Options
    Omesaara, I will be praying and hoping that this is THE ONE for you! Sounds like you have good follicle growth, so you are lucky. I had to take a break this month because my follicle growth was not looking good. I only have 2 more months to try...It is heartbreaking, but I know we'd go the distance to have another child. I've been wanting baby #2 since 2006...

Good luck tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    Thanks!

I just got back from the doc, and this time we had FOUR follicles...all on the right side. (Last time I had 2 on the right and one on the left...apparently my right ovary is an over-achiever!). They also told me that last month, my lining was a little thin, which could be why it didn't work, but this month it looked really good. The nurse said "It's gonna happen this time!", and I hope she is right.
  • Options
    Oh, and I go in at 11:30 on Wednesday to have this done...have to give myself an Ovidrel shot before bed tonight!
  • Options
    Wow, four?! That is awesome! Good luck on Wednesday and hang in there during the dreaded two-week-wait. Have you given yourself the shot before? I may have to do the same for my IUI next month. Take care and best of luck!
  • Options
    Four...that's really good! Good Luck! The trigger shot is pretty easy...I've given it to myself several times.
  • Options
    I had a friend of mine give me the shot in the dressing rooms at rehearsal tonight...haha. If we're lucky this month, the baby will certainly have its start in the theatre, that's for sure! Our IUI is going to be done on the day of our dress rehearsal, and the entire 2ww will be during the run of the show.

Here's hoping all goes well this time!!! I don't even want to think about how I will take it if I get yet another BFN...
  • Options
    Hey Omesaara - glad your friend was able to help you out with your shot tonight :) And I see that you will be busy during your TWW! Hopefully it will make the wait go by faster and that we hear some very good news from you 2 weeks from now :)

Take care!
  • Options
    Wish us luck...Wednesday 4/7/10 at 11:30 is when we do the deed!!!!
  • Options
    Good luck, Omesaara...may this be your last tww!
  • Options
    Got it all done at 11:30 today...36 hours after my Ovidrel shot. The sperm count was good, and I had 4 follicles and my lining was measuring at a 7 (whatever that means...they said over 6 was good, and apparently last time mine was only a 4). Afterwards, I went home and took a nap for 3 hours (NICE!), and then I had my dress rehearsal for my show, so any time I was not onstage I was lying on the couch backstage...just mentally WILLING my body to make this baby...I am hoping beyond hope this works! I really feel like if we get another BFN this month, I am NOT going to be able to handle it. I've gone through 79 months of negatives since having my daughter...PLEASE, GOD, PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME ENDURE THIS FOR AN 80TH TIME!!!
  • Options
    Good luck and many blessings to you. ( I am praying for u) we are in our 2ww as well
  • Options
    We all are praying (and pleading) for you. Easier said than done but try and calm your mind and SEE your little one inside of you... that will help to keep you calm. What show are you in and where? I want to know which direction to send the prayers!!