Options

Need help choosing donor

I'm down to two donors (one used by the relative of friend and one with no baby photo), and can't decide which to choose. No other options b/c there are limited African-American donors with ICI available vials who are also ID Option donors. The relative of my friend has a beautiful baby but thinks it would be odd for us to have the same donor (I tend to agree but have such limited options). The donor with no baby photo has a great profile and interview but I wonder if I'm cheating my future child by not having a baby pic of the his/her donor.

What would you do?
Was a baby photo important/determinative for you?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I'd say go with ur gut.... choose the one U want...and I don't think it would be weird its sperm it's not like U or she knows the donor!!!
  • Options
    i agree with colealeigh - i'm in the same boat. my favorite doesn't have a baby photo and i'm wondering does it really matter? having a baby photo doesn't tell you more about the person. babies are all cute!
  • Options
    I'm going to be the voice of dissent.

If you and this other woman both feel it would be weird for your kids to be half-siblings, you shouldn't have kids who are half-siblings. (In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if either one of you was unenthusiastic about the prospect, you shouldn't intentionally do it.)

FWIW, none of the donors we liked had photos available (same ethnicity-limits-options issue), and it wasn't a big deal. Plus, since you're choosing ID Option, your kid has the ability to get more than just a baby picture.