Options

What's more impt. in selecting donor?

I'm down to two donors (one used by the relative of friend and one with no baby photo), and can't decide which to choose. No other options b/c there are limited African-American donors with ICI available vials who are also ID Option donors. The relative of my friend has a beautiful baby but thinks it would be odd for us to have the same donor (I tend to agree but have such limited options). The donor with no baby photo has a great profile and interview but I wonder if I'm cheating my future child by not having a baby pic of the his/her donor.

What would you do?
Was a baby photo important/determinative for you?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I wanted to see a pic of my donor. It was very important to me as was everything else. You can call and speak with customer service and they will give you an honest opinion of what the donor looks like now. When I called, I asked very specific questions about each feature and they were full of info. They will also compare a couple of donors and tell you who they feel is cuter. Of course it's based on their opinion. They may also be able to call the donor with no photos to see if they can get one. Especially if the donor is not "retired". Hope this helps. Good luck. It's a tough decision.
  • Options
    I agree that it might be a little odd to have a baby using the same donor as someone you know. A friend that I grew up with (we consider ourselves family, since we grew up calling each other's parents "aunt" and "uncle") recently had a baby through donor insemination. They have some leftover vials, and I asked about using them, thus making our families ACTUALLY linked by blood. Later on, we decided that it would be too weird.

I got a baby pic for the donor I'll be using, but the audio interview was the deciding factor for me.

Good luck!