Options

New at this and scared

Hi Everyone..... I just started my meds. over the weekend and will probably have my first IUI around the 29th?? with donor 11568.... has anyone used this donor? and how do you deal with the anticipation until you have your first preg. test? I already have butterflies and don't want to stress the little spermies away....is it not common to get preg. on the first try? So many questions.... Elizabeth

Comments

• Options
    Hello, my name is Kelly and I have just started my second round of fertility pills, I did not get pregnant the first time around, but have high hopes for the second. I have heard of people getting pregant on the first try though so don't get discouraged. I had a horable time waiting the two weeks, I took several pregancy test during that time frame. I have decided to put it in gods hands instead of my own this time and hopefully I won't worry as much. I wish you the best!!! Good luck let us know how your doing. I think we will be waiting for results around the same time. My second IUI will be around the 27th.
  • Options
    Thanks Kelly....I'm trying not to get discouraged... have to stop reading so many posts...so many people out there trying over and over again...Guess we just have to see whats in store for us... I wish you so much luck with this go around...I'll let you know how I make out.. please do the same. Maybe we'll both get lucky this month ;-)
  • Options
    Hi Kelly....They cancelled my IUI :-( .... too many follicles....have to try again next month. I'll have my fingers crossed for you next week.
  • Options
    I hate to hear that, how many follicles did you have? I have my ultrasound tommorrow, but I had a dream that I had seven follicles the other night. Are you on fertility drugs? The first IUI try I only had one follicle and they increased my dosage to 100mg of clomid. I hope that does not hurt my chances. Hope you have better luck next time around!!!. I don't know about you but I never imagined that I would be going through all this to get pregnant. This process is very demanding and emotionally draining.
    Good luck
    Kelly
  • Options
    I hate to hear that, how many follicles did you have? I have my ultrasound tommorrow, but I had a dream that I had seven follicles the other night. Are you on fertility drugs? The first IUI try I only had one follicle and they increased my dosage to 100mg of clomid. I hope that does not hurt my chances. Hope you have better luck next time around!!!. I don't know about you but I never imagined that I would be going through all this to get pregnant. This process is very demanding and emotionally draining.
    Good luck
    Kelly
  • Options
    They started me on 150mg of Follistim injections and I took it for 5 days. My very first ultrasound on this medication had me with 15 follicles!!! Way too many I guess.... I'm still reading and absorbing as much as possible about this stuff. But now that I've stopped the meds. I'm a complete psycho one minute and hysterically crying the next... It's awful. I need to be in a bubble until I get my period :-) I guess it's all trial and error, so with you starting with a lower dose and now you're up to 100mg, I'm sure you'll have more (dreams do come true) hopefully just the right amount :-).... Have my fingers crossed for you as I am just learning how drainging this whole process is.
  • Options
    Just got back from the DR. and I had no follicles! I am very confused. He put me on another round of Clomid 150mg and told me to start them today. I am not sure, but I think he might be trying to start my cycle over again. I have never heard of this before so I am a little nervous. After taking the round this morning I have been crying since I got home and can't stop. Oh Well all is for a good cause. Hope all goes well for you next cycle.
    Kelly
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Kelly... can you suggest he try a different med.? Maybe the injectables? but I guess you would have to wait a whole other cycle for that..or maybe he was just trying to up yours before your next cycle? I don't know... it can all be very confusing. I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough day...it is very draining i know. I'm not familiar with Clomid as I've only had the Follistim...but if you were scheduled for next week for your IUI do you think that maybe the dr. was just uping the dose so you'll have better chances of more follicles for next week? So much involved with just trying to get pregnant!!! All we can do is keep trying...it sucks, but that's all we have. The outcome will all be worth it... hang in there.
  • Options
    Hello,
    Doing better today!! I think the next cycle he will put me on the shot, but who knows. I just have been enjoying being able to relax and not worry about what is happening next. I go in on the 5th for an ultrasound so we will know more then. He has yet to see my left ovary, but assumses it is there because my cycles are regular. Anyways good luck to you on your next cycle hope everything goes well.
    Kelly
  • Options
    I got pregnant on my second try using 100 of Clomid
    But I had a ultrasound the second IUI plus
    a Hcg injection. I had 3 follicals all on one ovary on top
    of that I only scored an 11 on my progestrone
    blood test.
    Needless to say I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant.
    I took 3 home pregnancy tests I was so suprized.
    I might have gotten pregnant the first go if I'd
    only had a ultrasound first.
    Also I'm 35 and this will be my first baby.

I recommend eating well balanced meals reduce
    your stress try not to cry and after my second
    IUI I just did my daily routine until it was the day
    of my pregnancy test.

I went nuts the first cycle and was nervous.
    The second was better since I made myself
    relax.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Had ultrasound on Weds after the Dr's Experiment and we still had no eggs. However we did see my left ovary for the first time. I will probably be off on my cycle this month which will put me in Dec. having my next IUI. He put me on 100mg of clomid days 2-6 and repronex injections day 6- when they tell me to stop. I hope this will at least start me producing more follicles. Wish the best of luck to those who are out there still trying and congrats to those who have had success it gives the rest of us hope. Kelly
  • Options
    Hang in there Kelly and just keep trying. I'm also looking at Dec. for my 1st IUI... I've been doing this since Oct. but haven't been able to do any IUI's yet. I have the opposite of you and have too many follicles so they keep canceling it. My cycle was off (2) weeks early so I was psyched, but then the ultrasound still showed too many so it looks like I have another 3 weeks to go.... oh well. One day at a time. I'll have my fingers crossed for you... let me know how you make out.
    Congrats Carrie.... I'll work on the reducing the stress part :-).... Very happy for you!!!
  • Options
    Hey etiffault, Looks like the Dr. was wrong about my cycle being delayed. I am still on schedule so I have started my clomid and will start injections on SAT. I go in for my Ultrasound on the 19th so I have my fingers crossed. I am assuming that they have reduced your meds already!! I will keep you in my thoughts and good luck and let us know how it goes.Kelly
  • Options
    Hi Kelly... that's great news... the waiting is the worst part. Glad your starting again, hopefully this is it!!! Have to wait for my next period and then start the meds. again at a much lower dose.... I want to be pregnant but not toooooo pregnant :-) We'll see what happens. Have my fingers crossed for you... keep me posted. Elizabeth....
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am going for my 5th IUI attempt on Friday & Saturday. the first two times I didnt use any meds or ultrasound, the 3rd time I used 100mg of clomid & the HCG and I got pregnant but the blood work came back with a really low #, I went back for blood work again 2days after and I was not pregnant. The 4th time I had 150mg of clomid and the HCG shot but I had a lot of stress at that time so I did not get pregnant and I also had ultrasound this time. Today my folicles look great and they are in good size so hopefully this one works out. I also had to pick a new donor cuz my first guy ran out so maybe that will make all the different for me.
    Best of luck to you all!
    Kelly B
  • Options
    Hello Elizabeth and Kelly
    Went to DR. on WEDS and everything looks great. I had three really good folicles and a couple of smaller ones. I went in on day 10 so he wants to allow more time for them to grow, but I was not over stimulated which is good. Just waiting on that + LH surge. How is everything going with you guys. Hope everything is well!! Wish you the best of luck. Kelly
  • Options
    thanks I have my inseminations on Friday & Saturday. Take my HCG tonite.

best of luck...grow folicles grow!
  • Options
    Hello Ladies, just wanted to say I had my 2nd IUI today and we had an ok count it was 11million. So now on to the hardest part the 2ww. Hopefully it will go over nice and smooth because of the holiday and all. Hope all is well and you guys are doing great. Kelly
  • Options
    Hello Ladies, One week down and one more to go. Don't feel any different, but we will see. How are things going for you? Kelly
  • Options
    Hi Kelly.... I have my fingers crossed for you.... I hope this time it's good news!! I'm still in limbo. Last time I still had too many follicles, so I think sometime this week I'll be able to start over again. Hopefully with a lesser amount of drugs so I'm not over stimulated again and have to keep doing this waiting game. I've just been trying to go with the flow. Been working on the nursery so I'm hoping that doesn't jinx me :-)... Please let me know how you make out.... one more week isn't so bad!!! :-)
  • Options
    How's it going Ladies?? Any news yet? I have my fingers crossed for you guys..... I finally got to start a new cycle on Sunday. I had to wait about 6 weeks to get rid of the follicles I had, so they're all gone now and I get to start over with a much lower dose. Hopefully this time I have just the right amount/size of follies. I go for an ultrasound on Friday, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted... let me know how you're doing.
  • Options
    Hey Kelly... How did you make out? I'm finally scheduled for my first IUI tomorrow morning... feeling really scared, but I guess that all comes with this. Still a fair amount of follicles, so we'll see what happens. Curious to see how your doing.
  • Options
    Hey Elizabeth
    Doing Okay we were not lucky last time, so we will do another cycle in January. I am a little nervous about the DR. choice I made now. I think last cycle I ovulated the afternoon I got my first positive surge which would have put my egg out there 17hrs before we did the IUI. I made the comment to the nurse about coming in the day I get my surge and she told me it does not work that way. I know I ovulated on sunday night. OH Well I am going to monitor it this month and see if I still ovulate early if so I might have to tell a little white lie. I would think that they would listen to me seeing that it is my body. Good luck on the first IUI. I have my fingers crossed for you and your husband. Let me know how things are going for you. Kelly
  • Options
    Hello Kelly and Elizabeth,
    My name is Ive. I did my first IUI last week Wednesday then again on Friday along with the HCG shot. I had 3 large follicles on my right and one on my left. I'm just waiting now which is the worst past for me especially when my body is feeling so many things at once. I was also on 150 MG of Clomid. I think these doctors see us all the same. The clinic I go to appears to only do inseminations on Monday, WEdnesday, or Fridays although they claim to be open on the weekends and holidays. My friend and I go to the same clinic and it has been the same for the both of us. They don't even bother listening to us tell them about what our bodies are feeling. I think for the next month if I am not pregnant I am going to switch clinics. Good luck ladies!!!
    -Ive
  • Options
    Well I had a great month off and ready to get started again. How are things going for you ladies, any news? Hope all is well. One of my good friends just had a healthy baby boy on Christmas EVE, maybe he will rub off on me. Kelly
  • Options
    Hi Kelly. Glad you'll be starting again. I wish you so much luck this time. I'm on a rest cycle because the last IUI didn't work and then I ended up with cysts from being overly stimulated. I should be able to start again in just about a month. Hate the rest cycles.. haaaaaaaa. Have my fingers crossed for you :-)
  • Options
    Hey Elizabeth!!
    I hate to hear that you are having issues of overstimulation, just try to stay positive. I know this process is extremely stressful. I wish I knew the trip, but unfortunetly I am still trying myself. Part of my problem is timing, and I think that this month I am going to test twice daily for ovulation in order to hopefully nail the timing part. My DR's nurse refuses to do procedure the same day of my first + surge, but I know that I am ovulating about 12 hours past. Which means we are doing the IUI too late. It seems that all my friends and family are getting pregnant so maybe that is a good sign. Have you asked about switching drugs? I am on Repronex and I have never been overstimulated. I had 4 good follicles last time. Well Good Luck and I will keep you informed about what is going on. If you get any good advice let me know. Kelly