Options

African american/hispanic donor releases?

I will be using ccb in the next year or so, and notice there aren't a lot of hispanic/african american donors (or a mix of both)...will there be many more ethnic donors being released in the next year?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Talia -

We do have a shortage of minority donors (and applicants)-- as do all sperm banks. On the brightside, a few new AA donors have been released in the last few weeks. Between now and about mid-April, we have the following AA and Hispanic donors scheduled for first release:

Mex/Caucasian
    African American, Native American, Swedish
    Full Mexican
    African American, Jamaican
    Mexican/Caucasian
    African

**Everyone else reading: This is a one-time answer for Talia since she was the first to ask and there are so few donors that match her needs. Please do not follow-up with requests on other new donors due for release. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to answer everyone's individual requests.

Thanks,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hey, seems our donor 12224 is difficult to find as you must search under caucasian to find him. He is 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 Irish....great donor...

Scott - shouldn't he be listed under latin? or is Spanish not considered latin?
  • Options
    Hi Tommie -

Spanish means his family is from Spain, which is part of Europe, not Latin America.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    I just read my response and realized it may have sounded snappy. I certainly didn't mean it that way. Just meant to clarify that the donor does not have a Latin ethnic background.

:-)

Scott
  • Options
    Interesting...guess I never knew that! I just assumed that Spanish was hispanic and thought latin was just another name for it. LoL....