Donor 14471

Hey, may I know how many pregnancies or births with Donor 14471?

Comments

• Hi J -

No reported pregnancies yet. Donor 14471 only became available on our catalog about 3 months ago.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Can anyone confirm any pregnancies? Or can CCB confirm if this donor has <5 or >5 confirmed pregnancies. Thanks!
  • Hi C -

Yes, Donor 14471 has more than 5 reported pregnancies.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • I have had two failed IUI's with this donor's sample and was told by the embryologist at the clinic I used that donor 14471 did not have 10 million motile sperm cells (which is what the cryobank aims for). The second sample I used had 7.8 motile sperm, and the first had less than that. In reality, anywhere between 7-13 million motile cells is the range, so....
  • Hi A -

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get a BFP. Please keep in mind that on average it takes about 3-4 IUIs to achieve pregnancy. (According to ASRM, even when it comes to natural conception, a healthy 30-year old has about a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month.)

The expected range of our IUI vials is 7 to 13 million total motile sperm. Part of the reason for this range is that there are many variables involved when an external lab evaluates thawed samples. Thawing time, temperature, inadequate mixing, and type of counting chamber can significantly impact the final outcome. We ship vials to many different labs around the world who may have a different process or use different equipment.

Our post-thaw count can be found on your sales shipment document. Both vials were from the same donation.

It's also important to note that research studies show that 5 million motile donor sperm show no significant differences in pregnancy results when compared to higher quantities. (Some recent studies even show 2 million motile donor sperm.) Our vial standards are set generously above this mark.

A 2001 study determined there are 5 predictive variables for the outcome of intrauterine insemination with donor semen in terms of clinical pregnancy rate: Number of treatment cycles, number of mature follicles, the cycle day for insemination, the occurrence of ovulation at the time of insemination, and the age of the woman. This study showed no significant difference in pregnancy rate for Total Motile Sperm greater than 2 million.

With this said, please don't be discouraged by your 2 IUI cycles. It's very common to do more than 2 IUI cycles to achieve pregnancy.

Best of luck,

Nicole
    CCB
  • angelO7 - I am getting ready to do an IUI w/ this donor, hopefully, next week, after 3 failed IUIs with a different donor. When was your last IUI w/ this donor?
  • Mine was on January 7th, 2017.

Best of luck!
  • angelO7 - Thanks! I have my IUI scheduled for tomorrow at 1400. Are you trying again with this donor? Did CCB refund your vials that were under 10mil?
  • Just got home from our IUI with this donor. 18mil swimmers and two follicles measuring at 19mm and 20mm. Now to make it through this two week wait!!!
  • Ive used this donor and i am now pregnant!
  • jellybean724 - When are you due? I am currently in the TWW with this donor. Would love to connect with you!
  • What did your numbers look like? Would love to hear your story and connect!
  • jellybean724 - if you'd like, you can email me at west121416@gmail.com. I'm feeling quite positive on this round. Half way through. I will probably test this weekend. Hope to hear from you! :)
  • WestFamBam,

No, CCB did not refund me my money. I won't go into that online, but that's part of the reason I don't want to do business with them again.

On the other hand, this was the only person that we wanted and we searched for 2 years. So, my dilemma is real!

Was your IUI successful?

jellybean724, congrats!!!!
  • Anyone who has used donor 14471 have any extra vials? We are looking to purchase 4-5 or less, whatever is available. Thanks!
  • trusttheprocesstrusttheprocess Posts: 3
    edited February 7, 2018 4:39PM

Hi BGu, I have extra vials for donor 14471. Not sure how this process works but would be happy to connect and discuss.

• @trusttheprocess If the vials have not left our facility, you can do a transfer of ownership to another family (if there's someone in particular you would like to transfer them to) or you can also sell them back for 50% of the purchase price. Feel free to call Client Services for more details. You can also download the forms when you log into My Account and go to the Forms page: https://cryobank.com/account/forms/

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank