Options

Lectured by nurse practitioner

So I made an appointment to talk to my np about the details on how they do iui at that office. I wound up getting to pay $100 for a lecture on how being pregnant and having a kid is expensive and do I have insurance and do I work. I was so upset. Now I have to find a new provider. Even if she hadn't been so mean I would have left, they won't do iui on weekends. I feel like things keep happening to mess this up for me.

Comments

• Options
    keep your head up and don't let this lady and her perspective bring you down !.. Sometimes nurses, etc. can form their own "personal" opinions not realizing the effect on the patient.. Try and find a new provider, and keep doing what makes you happy and don't let them deter you :)
  • Options
    Thanks mets! I'm better now, I was crying a lot when it happened, I had been seeing her for years and it was a shock. I made several calls and found two doctors offices that would perform an iui on the weekend if that was necessary. One is an ob/gyn the other is also but says they specialize in infertility. I think I'm going to go with them in case I need to do medicated cycles. I'm figuring they have more experience.

I was starting to feel like this wasn't going to happen for me but now I know it will.
  • Options
    Hang in there grizgirl. Glad you found a new health care provider!