Options

Any experiences with donor 14399?

I'm just about to start my second round of IVF with this donor and wanted to see if anyone else has had any experiences with 14399? Best of luck to you all!

Comments

• Options
    Our first insemination with this donor is next month. How were his numbers, and were you successful? Wishing you the best!!
  • Options
    His numbers were great. I don't have the specifics I'm afraid but my doc said that the two vials I have used have been very good. I haven't done a transfer at this point but I'll keep you posted! And please let me know how things go for you? Wishing you the best of luck too.
  • Options
    Hi Maldives,

I am considering this donor as well. Do you know how many reported pregnancies he has?

Please let me know how your insemination goes. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi ladies just went to the Dr today and ordered this donor seems like his very popular.This will be my second IUI as the first one failed. I wanted him the first time but he had run out and now his restock so I picked him.I hope this time it works is with donor.
  • Options
    Hi dana01 - I spoke with the Cryobank today and they told me that 14399 has less than 5 reported pregnancies. His first vial release was early this year so he hasn't been out for too long.

Best of luck Cathy34 with your upcoming IUI - fingers are crossed for you! Keep us posted on how things go!
  • Options
    Just quick update I will doing my IUI this coming Fri with this donor.Iwill try to update if I become pregnant.
  • Options
    We did our first IUI 3 days ago with this donor. His washed motility count was really low at 4.77 mil.

Did anyone else experience this low of a count?
  • Options
    Hi Bimkac - I just had an IUI this morning with 14399 and his numbers were good - 22 mil. I have done several rounds of IVF with him too (this round I didn't respond to so well so we decided to forgo retrieval and try our luck with IUI instead) and it was never mentioned that his numbers were low.
    I'm so sorry that you had a low count - any news yet on how things went? I have seen a number of posts where a pregnancy resulted in spite of a low count so I very much hope that's the case for you. Wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding Maldives! CCB was very accommodating and we were able to work out a refund due to the low count.

We tested this morning, unfortunately it was negative. We will try again with him next month.

Best of luck to you! Let us know how it goes. Would love to stay in touch.
  • Options
    So glad it's resolved Bimkac, but I'm very sorry to hear that this round didn't work out.
    I'll definitely keep you posted. I'm not holding out too much hope for this round of IUI unfortunately as I've been unsuccessful with my past few rounds of IVF (my eggs for sure and not donor related!) but you never know! Glad that we are at least trying with IUI and it's not a totally wasted cycle. If this doesn't take then I'll try another round of IVF in November with different protocol.
    Wishing you all the very best for next month. Definitely let's keep in touch!
  • Options
    Another negative IUI this month. We saw a slight increase in his motility count this month, but still is low at 5.13 million.
  • Options
    I chose this donor also. I debated when to purchase due to not knowing when I would be able to actually try IUI. I noticed his vial count dwindling and decided to purchase what I was able to. The next day he was sold out. I finally get to try my 1st IUI during my next cycle, I guess the nerves have started to creep in. The motility count for some of you worries me, but I will do my best at staying positive. Best of luck to all of you!
  • Options
    Hello Lili40! He sold out very quickly. I also learned today the he has over 5 reported pregnancies now!
    We are about to do our 3rd IUI with this donor. Hoping for better numbers this round. I will keep the post updated. Please stay in touch and best of luck to you!
  • Options
    We had an unsuccessful third round IUI with this donor, and he still showed a low motility count.

Total Number of Sperm 11.5 Million
    Total Motile Sperm 4.72 Million
  • Options
    I'm so sorry bimkac. I have finally been given the go ahead for my 1st IUI with this donor. Most likely within 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted. Are you doing another IUI with this donor? Wishing you luck for whatever is next.
  • Options
    I purchased a vial from this donor as well and was unsuccessful too.

he did have a high motile sperm at 13.14 million and total number of sperm was 30 million. Hopefully you guys have better luck!
  • Options
    Lili40, wishing you success! We will start again in Jan with another IUI with this donor.

Whit 2310, I am glad to hear that your vile had good numbers. That gives us hope as we really want to use this donor. Will you try again with him?
  • Options
    I had my IUI this morning. The numbers were good - total sperm was 20 mil and motile sperm was 12 mil. I will update after my TWW. I should know by New Years Eve.
  • Options
    I had my IUI this morning. The numbers were good - total sperm was 20 mil and motile sperm was 12 mil. I will update after my TWW. I should know by New Years Eve.
  • Options
    so it was a BFN for my 1st IUI. Getting ready for 2nd hopefully next weekend. It's my last vial with this donor since he was selling fast and I only could get 2 vials.

Bimkac- are you still planning on trying again this month?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear. I am sending good thoughts and luck for your next IUI! I believe that he is a repeat donor, so keep an eye out for additional vials if you intend to use him again!

We went in for our day 3 ultrasound today and sadly, another cyst. We will have to wait another month to try again. Fingers crossed for Feb!!
  • Options
    IUI #2 today. Total sperm was 45mil and total motile was 12mil. Let the dreaded TWW begin.

bimkac- hoping february is perfect for you guys.

I'll have to call CCB and see if he plans on another donation or is retiring.
  • Options
    We did IUI #4 last week. Finally we have some good numbers: motility 63% and concentration 83 million, total motile 26 million!

We will keep you posted. Hope all is going well for you Lili40!
  • Options
    Hi bimkac- Those are great numbers. Really hope this is your month. I had to switch donors since 14399 is still sold out. I actually switched sperm banks also (solely money based reasons). On my 3rd IUI I finally got a BFP but sadly had a miscarriage. I'm now taking a break to mentally heal and save up for another try later this year. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that Lili40. I know that ttc has been an emotional roller coaster for us, so I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. Wishing you healing, and for success later this year!
  • Options
    KtbethKtbeth Posts: 3
    edited August 6, 2022 4:29AM

I have one child using this donor. I’m hoping to connect with other families with children from this donor, if willing. Please reach out if so!
    Hannahtrail74@gmail.com

• Options

This donor withdrew consent of his vials being sold in May 2017. If you purchased this donor’s DNA from CCB after May 2017 it was against the donor’s wishes. We have unfortunately found a lot of unethical practices within CCB that are cause for concern.