Refused to treat?

Have any of you been turned down for treatment by a fertility clinic for "social reasons"? If so, what was your recourse?

Comments

• What!!??!! Please tell me this did NOT happen to you!
  • Yes, a well know Dallas clinic that works with UT Southwestern has refused to treat us.
  • teambs,

"social reasons?" what exactly does that mean? and no, i have never been turned down. holy crap! a well-known dallas clinic? can you give us more details or no? i live in dallas...that's why i'm asking. sorry that happened to you!
  • maybe you can talk to an attorney...seriously.
  • teambs-

I am incredibly appalled that this happened to you. My partner is fairly "in the closet" at work. I often ask her, "What's the big deal nowadays?". Well, after hearing what happened to you guys, I am reminded that we still live in a world full of discrimination. Very sad indeed...
  • We also live in Dallas...we are going through the Center for Assisted Reproduction off of Coit and 75.. there is also a location in Bedford... I was thinking maybe if all of us Dallas...ites would like to get together like once a month or something to have real chat time...let me know...or ya'll can email me a.marshall91079@gmail.com....
  • Virgo, Dr. Doody's clinic- CAR is the one that refused us. While they will perform inseminations, they will not allow a same sex partner (i.e. me) to donate an egg to her (my) partner, though they will allow that same person (me) to donate an egg to a family member (my sister in law) or friend. They claim the diffentiation is for "social reasons".
  • Meredith,

We are strongly considering IVF. My RE at UTSW does not do IVF b/c she only sees pts in the clinic once per week. She recommended 3 REs associated with the UTSW clinic. Guess what!!??!! One of them was Dr Doody!! I politely said, "HELL NO"!! I told her what he said to you & she was visibly shocked, stating she has worked with him several times and just couldn't believe it!
  • I live in Michigan and my OB/GYN couldn't find a RE who would work with a single female trying to have children. She told me they would only consider married couples. Luckily, I'm not far from Chicago and found a wonderful clinic that assisted me. I'm limited in to home ICI since I can't get there to do IUI but I'm hopeful.
  • Hi Ladies! I am in aww that a doctor would not treat due to "social issues"! I would just like to recommend the SHER (Sirm) Institute. The DW & I are currently working with them in the office in St. Louis and they are great!!! Check them out on the internet they have a website and I believe an office in Dallas.

Good Luck!