Options

Beware ICI

I purchased 2 vials of ICI because the donor I liked didn't have any IUI's available. I consulted with CCB who said they guarantee 15 million count in each vial prior to it being washed by the RE. Well, after the first vial thawed at the doctor's office and PRIOR to it being washed the count was only 2 million. We told the doctor to then thaw the other vial we had to make up for the low count. When that vial thawed the count was 7 million. Well, needless to say that after both vials were washed we had a combined total of only 1 million with 10% motility. We were devastated. We spent $985.00 on two vials with delivery for nothing. IF I do manage to get pregnant it will only be the grace of God. So learn from my bad experience with ICI. WE have always had decent numbers when we used IUI

Comments

• Options
    Maybe it was the donor you used. We purchased an ICI vial and the pre and post wash counts were 80 million, with a motility of 35% post wash. I would imagine the IUI samples would have lower counts, due to a wash and a freeze and then a thaw. Without that wash right before using it, there are bound to be dead sperm from the freezing process, imho decreasing the overall count and viabililty before insemination.
  • Options
    I am really not sure what to do. I have purhased 6 vials ICI premium because my RE cost includes washing so i figured why pay addtl for IUI premium. Well I have had 3 insems and and still not prego. Now, I am not sure what to do. I really do not want to switch donors however this is my last cycle. I am trying injectables this month instead of clomid. Also, I have had the form faxed to my RE because there is a possability that we can get a refund for the low count. Bojay you should ask for this same form to be faxed. Good luck. I welcome either of your thoughts.