Options

Tracking

It's my first time and we are reading the "essential guide to lesbian conception and birth" and it's give soooo much information. Did any of you read it and if so did you track your ovulation cycle etc.?

Comments

• Options
    Hi!

I've read it as well and yes, I've been charting for 3 months (BBT). It really helps you see what your cycle looks like on paper to better narrow the window of ovulation and know when to inseminate!

Good luck!
  • Options
    We read it before we started ttc and were charting for about 2 months when we showed the RE she told us we were nuerotic and to stop charting because it is more stressful concentrating on every temp and time etc. so we stopped. I don't think it is a bad idea to chart but we were told not too.
  • Options
    Currently 28 weeks along after second iui.
  • Options
    My wife and I own that book...we have read it and take into heart what it has to say but we dont just rely on that advice we also have talked to our dr...who can give you advice based on YOUR situation alone...the book gives great insight and can drive you crazy or ease your mind. Take into heart what it has to say but don't soley rely on the book listen to your dr. too
    Good luck and lots of baby dust your way...Keep praying God answers our prayers in many ways even if its not exactly when we want it to happen.
  • Options
    We didn't read the book, but did chart our ovulations by BBT...I think it really helps if you do it over several months...it will show you a pattern. If you are ready for your IUI and haven't tracked your BBT, I wouldn't stress about it...your OPK will give you the result too. When I tracked it, it showed that I O'd on CD15 every month, so then I knew to start testing OPK's around CD13.

Good luck!

BTW..we now have a 6 month old daughter from our first IUI.