Options

We're new here...

Hello everyone...I just want to introduce myself...My name is Misty and my girlfriend's name is Carla. We have been planning to start a family for a while now and are just in the beginning phase. We had all of our lab work done last month and finally got into see a RE last week. We had hoped to jump right in and do the insemination this week because we knew that I would be ovulating then. But he suggested that we test for ovulation with the OPK to make sure that we are ovulating on our own and then if so, we can inseminate next month. We were kind of disappointed, but we understood where he was coming from. So, I've been doing the OPK since Friday and today I finally see two faint lines. We're unsure of what the lines should look like, so I'm going to test again this afternoon to see if the lines get darker. Do they? Anyways, we're supposed to get a Progesterone level done 7 days after a positive ovulation.

I love reading all of your stories...I've been doing so behind the scenes for a couple of months now. Here's to hoping all of our baby dreams come true!

Misty and Carla from Ohio

Comments

• Options
    Misty,
    Welcome to you and Carla. My name is Kim and my partners name is Kat. We are also pretty new to this seen and had our first IUI earlier this month. It was not successful but we are planning on trying only one more time as it gets pretty expensive and the let down is horrible. We already have a little boy from at home insemination but had to go the DR route this time due to some medical issues that arrived earlier this year. Welcome again and feel free to ask me anything you like and I will help if possible. BTW--we are from SC.
    Kim
  • Options
    KIM016,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Are you two just doing regular IUI or are you on any meds, etc.?

I've read a lot about people taking Mucinex, consuming extra Vit. C and eating raspberries. Have you tried any of these things? Are there other things you're trying? I've been off of caffeine for a couple weeks now and take a multi-vitamin and folic acid. I was thinking about trying the mucinex a few days before my next ovulation.

Does anyone else have any tips on increasing fertility?
  • Options
    Hi Misty & Kim.
    My name is Cavelle, and my partner is Cristina. We have been threw 2 natual cycle IUI's already. We just found out today that the second one did not work. This is turning out to be a bit more stressful than I thought. It seems like everyone that doesn't want to get pregnant is pregnant, and then there are the people like us.
    For my next cycle I will be taking Clomid and the HCG triger shots.

I personally have never heard about the Mucinex thing. I guess thats why im not pregnant as yet. LOL.
    Cavelle, NJ.
  • Options
    Welcome Misty and Carla...good to have you!

Cavelleb23...you and I seem to be going through the same thing. My first two IUI's were natural (no meds) and, sadly, both failed. I am taking December off to just enjoy the holidays and then getting right back to it in January, this time with Clomid and trigger shots as well.

I'll have to research that Mucinex thing..I'm willing to try anything at this point!

- Jenn